Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201269 03-17-2022 12:19 PM
OP Offline

There was a member here by the name of Crystaj - She has also been a member of ACS's CSN and Inspire. She has stated she is currently terminal and has not recently given an update on those forums, so I checked over here, and I see that she has been banned. I was curious why? Does anyone know? I attempted to check for forum help and when I click on the "forum help" link I am sent an error. Perhaps you all need more donations to keep this site running smoothly. Hint all smile

I am concerned about this person as she has tended to be a bit controversial on the forum I post on. She can be a bit rude to many members. I would hate for this to be a time that she was kicked if she is actually passing away. However, there are also things that she has said that are not true as well. If anyone knows a bit more about this person, please let me know. I have seen her message people about gifts she has received from men she has never met, etc. These things immediately make me a bit leery.

If a moderator/admin is interested in this information. I have it all. I will not share it here and dox anyone. I just wonder if this person is who she says she is.

Thanks,

-S

Last edited by Stephie75; 03-17-2022 12:21 PM.
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

This person was indeed here and posted 75 times and was terminated from posting mid 2019. Before OCF blocks someone, which is seldom, there is a very long process of admins, in this case mostly Christine, trying to work with them to help solve the issues. They keep copious notes which I revirewed today. There was a long period of the admins having to edit out parts of her posts for being abusive to others. There was lots of misinformation about her own situation, contradicting herself, her treatments, her medical issues. Truthfulness was not one of her hallmarks. She posted about herself exclusively on new members timelines, not answering their questions but posting page long tirades about everything and anything, many did not even make sense, and essentially scared all of them, and they pm’ed the admins that even if they blocked her she found ways to still show up in their space. Bottom line after a year and many many hours of trying to work and reason with her, it was all wasted time as nothing changed.

We try to help people who we can. 99% of the time people are reasonable, grateful, become friends and more. This became a full time job and she needed the help of others outside of peer to peer supporters, perhaps outside of the oncology world itself, to better her situation.

It always painful to turn someone away. She obviously needed help but could not work within the guidelines of civil, non name calling behavior, or truthfully in a manner that did not upset everyone else in the support group. OCF is not a democracy. It says that clearly in our rules you sign when joining. This is not social media, where anything can be said to anyone. Actually even there, Groups ban people more often than here. We can’t help everyone we have learned. B

And our site runs fine, though more donations would allow us to do more things of which the support group is only one. We don’t need to fix it. We do have cancer fakes come occasionally. They don’t have the disease, but they need to feel that others care about them. They need someone in the world to talk to, the world can be a lonely place. But cancer support groups are full of people in real trouble. While some parts of this can develop into friendships and many have, that is not the primary function we are all here for.

We do not need any more information about her we have documented why she is not here. That’s all we do.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 03-18-2022 05:05 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23