Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everybody im so blessed to be here :-)

Any way, i have spent the last 3 months driving myself crazy

Two months ago i was diagnosed with Reflux, but i tried to explain that i feel i had Oral Cancer cause i could have been exposed to HPV, the ent had a look down the throat said he couldnt see anything even though my tounge was sore on the side.

So i went to a Dentist and told him my concerns that i feel i have Oral Cancer he said your to young i told him my Jaw is sore he said TMJ and said my Gums and teeth look beautiful and im a good hygeine person, i told him please look closely at my gums he said beautiful

So i went to a Oral Surgeon who kept telling me i must have bad anxiety, and put his finger in my mouth in these sore places and said YOU DONT HAVE CANCER , i said but please take a look he had a quick look and said no the inflamation on the toungue is from your Teeth :-( he done a xray and said SEE YOU DONT HAVE CANCER IN YOUR JAW EITHER! he was a real prick, i feel alone my Mum and Dad think im going crazy

my symptoms are:

SORE THROAT (EnT/Dr said Reflux)
SORE TOUNGE, red on lateral (Oral surgeon said Teeth)
KIND OF NUMB TOUNGE (Oral/Ent said it was BurnTounSyn)
JAW PAIN BOTH SIDES MORE ON LEFT (OralSurg said TMJ)
HEAD ACHES
EAR PAIN IN BOTH EARS
SORE NECK/ COLLAR BONE

Started in May with Sore throat got told infection had antibiotics disnt work, got told i have Strep was negative more antibiotics, Then got told i have reflux bexause it was all red,
I then got JAW Pain that they said was TMJ but this pain feels like it is DEEP in the roots of my Teeth :-( and feels like they are coming out feeling. The sore at the back of the tounge is the part that holds your tounge there think its called the arch area, its real painful, and also spoted a rough patch on the inside of my lower mouth.
Also have droped 10kg since May, Loss of Apetite, Confused, and get sore bones when i sit and lie down to me i feel like it has SPREAD and also noticed Sores on my scalp that look like SCC im really worried that it has spread to the skin too. Man im so scared!

Im worried thats all cause no one is listening to me, and im trying to get Urgent referals but get told im not urgent cause no1 can see anything. :-(

Thanks for hearing me out

Blessings to you all from New Zealand

Last edited by maoriboy; 08-21-2017 03:06 AM.
Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. First of all, be very clear that oral cancer (HPV positive or not) can only be diagnosed by s biopsy. Most people who have HPV positive oral cancer may not show symptoms for many years, decades even. Secondly, please understand that we are all patients and caregivers here and not medical professionals. For this reason, it is really impossible for us 'diagnose," and really, you won't want us to because that will be very irreponsible of us.

I would suggest that you learn more about HPV related oral cancer by checking out the OCF main site. There are tons of info there. You have been checked by several professionals, you might want to place more confidence in their abilities and their knowledge. Don't make life miserable for yourself. That's not the way to live.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

maoriboy -

Please slow down! I understand your stressed out about what you think may be oral cancer. Rather than chase the diagnosis your looking for, try to address what the dentists / doctors / others have told you so far. Acid reflux can cause sore throats and irritate your tongue as well. Start treating your reflux and see if there is any change after a couple of weeks. TMJ? Start with whatever treatments are recommended for that issue and see what happens.

Meanwhile, you need to relax.......let the symptoms you've described be addressed either resolve themselves (with proper medications under a doctors cars) or they evolve into something worse.

1997 SCC Tumor on tongue - Partial Gloss
1997 Met to Lymph
Radical Neck Dissection / 2nd Partial Gloss
6 weeks chemo and radiation
Brachytherapy
2011 Stroke
2014 Recurrence SCC at Base of Tongue / Hemi-gloss
Free Flap reconstr from thigh
PEG Tube
Radiation
Permanent Issues with speech and swallowing
2018 - Bleeding throat / mouth