Welcome to the forum. I’m glad that you are on the road to recovery although the mucus sounds really annoying.

It is one of the side effects of radiation. As far as I know, the ropey mucus will stop at some point and will be replaced by dry mouth. A lot of patients carry around a spit cup. My husband did that. In the meantime, you can try using a Waterpik on the lowest setting with the tongue scraper attachment. Also, put in a capful of the magic mouthwash and remember to use warm water. It’s very effective for cleaning out the gunk (though it doesn’t stop it). John used to say it was the best purchase we had ever made.

Seven weeks out is still early as full recovery can take up to two years. Swallow and drink slowly as you do not want any food particles or liquids to go into the air pipe. That may be the reason for the coughing you get.

Do let us know how you’re getting on and others on the forum may we’ll have more to add to my two cents.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.