Hi, I'm so glad that John's Peg tube was put in and things are going pretty well. It's good to finally get stared on treatment and even better when it's close to being over. I remember when we were the "newbies" and just starting out. It's perfectly normal to feel anxious. I'm still anxious, but much calmer than at the beginning knowing that Richard is getting closer to treatments being over.
We've had a few snafus along the way and will see the MO about a change of chemo treatment tomorrow. All in all, things are good and we just returned from a 2/12 mile walk. Richard even managed to drink a huge 700 calorie milkshake. He's in pain because of canker sores, but is determined to keep swallowing. Seven more radiation treatments to go and possibly Two Erbitux infusions,. We will know tomorrow. Keep us all posted about how things are going and ask any questions that come up along the way. Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09