Well, Monday morning I woke up and was very sick and then my heart started racing. By the time the ambulance got here they said my heart rate was a little over 150 beats per minute! I felt like my heart was going to explode. Just all of a sudden this happened. They put me on fluids, I ask my chemo Dr. could he give me something to help with that and he ordered something (to sick to remember, also I have thrush, my potassium was low so I was treated for that, and they did a thallium stress test and it was okay, and they told the nurse to put in a tube through my nose until we could get the WBC up a little so they could put in a peg tube. I got awful care, never even got the tube up nose and the fluids ran out in the floor most all night, so tonight I signed myself out and will call my other Dr. tomorrow and see if she can help me and I will check in the other hospital here.

So if anyone here that is having trouble keeping enough fluids and calories down, please don't wait like I did. Go to the Dr. or ER and get yourself checked out good. Those blood test are definately there to let you know what is going on and if they are low it is so important to get help ASAP.

Angel

SCC left tonsil, tonsillectomy with additional tissue removed 06/10/08, a few teeth on top left side removed 09/05/08,recurrence before treatment started at BOT and tonsil area, 35 IMRT treatments began 10/15/08, and Cisplatin IV (began10/16/08) weekly for duration of radiation.