Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#775 02-28-2003 11:51 AM
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
OP Offline

hi everyone,

sorry it's been a long time since i've posted. i was feeling so great i threw myself back into my dissertation and was swamped with work. just when i thought everything was going to be fine, my jawbone decided to poke through my chin!

my dr's officially confirmed that my jaw didn't heal correctly. in fact, it is disentegrating and has a big gap in it. on march 11th i get to go under the knife once again so they can fix it.

the worst part is not knowing what i will wake up with. they can't say for sure if i will need another trach, skin graft or even if i will need a bone graft.

i feel like i'll be boarding the starship enterprize to travel off into the great unknown!
i ask for good thoughts and positive energy from everyone. i'm ready for this surgery because it doesn't come along with radiation and chemo. i'll take anything as long as i don't have to do those again.

smiles, hugs and giggles to all!

I survived because I kept hope alive!!! Live, laugh, love and keep fighting hard.
Jeanette
Stage 3 oral cancer...over 60% of tongue and all lymph nodes on right side removed...July 2002.
Chemo and Radiation...ended September 2002.
#776 02-28-2003 12:01 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

All right, Jeanette, you've got it! Starting right now and until you say stop, positive energy is beaming toward you. After all you have been through, why this???? Rhetorical question, and I KNOW life is not fair, but seriously, there must have been a mistake this time. I have just this minute decided that you will wake up beautiful. This is only fair.
Joanna

#777 02-28-2003 12:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jeanette,

My thoughts are all positive and heading toward you...I'm positive you'll get through this and as captain of the Enterprise you'll just look at the surgeons and tell them to "make it so" (little Star Trek saying)

Keep your always good attitude and be sure and keep us posted.

Take carre,
Dinah

#778 02-28-2003 01:06 PM
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Jeanette,

Postive thoughts heading your way. I'll be thinking of you and I'm sure everything will come out just fine. You have such a wonderful attitude about all of this, which will help carry you through the surgery.

Good luck and take care.

Anne.

Anne G.Younger
Life has never been better.
#779 02-28-2003 02:05 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Jeanette,
Good thoughts laugh and positive energy wink in abundance are headed your way, plus a ton of smiles, hugs and giggles! Best of luck. You will overcome this wrinkle in the fabric of your life. With your attitude, nothing can stand in the way of your success.
Good wishes and best of luck. smile
Rosie

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.
#780 03-15-2003 06:31 AM
OP Offline

Ok guys,

I can honestly say that miracles do happen! I had my surgery last Tuesday and now am home and ready to get back to working full time. When the doctors got into my chin they found my jaw was COMPLETELY healed. They were even able to remove the plate that had been inserted from my first surgery. The piece of bone that had decided to stick out of my chin was actually a bone spur that had formed. The docs are still trying to figure out how that one happened....each one of them has a theory and the are all quite amusing. This just goes to show that sometimes what is seen in the CT scans can be misleading.....according to my pre-op scans I had a huge gap in my jaw and it was disintegrating.

Once again, thanks for all of the good thoughts, prayers and positive energy. It really paid off for me.

I survived because I kept hope alive!!! Live, laugh, love and keep fighting hard.
Jeanette
Stage 3 oral cancer...over 60% of tongue and all lymph nodes on right side removed...July 2002.
Chemo and Radiation...ended September 2002.
#781 03-15-2003 07:23 AM

Wow, Jeanette! There is a laughing woman doing a Happy Dance in the Pacific Northwest about your outcome. I am SO happy to hear how everything worked out. Nothing less than you deserve, of course. Thank you for reporting this fantastic news! It is so wonderful to know positive things are happening.

Now Celebrate!

Joanna

#782 03-15-2003 09:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great news Jeanette!!! Positive energy has been flowing your way, there are so many positive people here...you just had to have good results.

And it's really good to hear you are back at work. That's showing 'um.

Glad things are coming up roses for you!!! (That's just a little concession to spring)

Take care,
Dinah

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users