Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
EzJim Offline OP
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline

I have always been sensitive, even to a really good movie that is moving. Happy endings or sad ones. They both can get to me. I'm glad to see so many people in here with feelings such as mine.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
EzJim #76011 06-21-2008 07:38 AM
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services

Jim

I was never one to cry. Maybe once a year at most. That was before I got sick, then lookout, I became Ms Emotional. I would cry at anything and everything usually a few times per day. There are alot of posts on here that have made me cry. I think its only natural to cry when you read these stories because we all know first hand how bad OC really is.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

I agree with you on that. I have always been overly sensitive about happy or sad occasions. I'm like my dad was I guess. He would fight anyone , big or small but was as tender as mashed potatoes and give anything away if someone was in need. I am that way too. LOL But I think it's good way to be. My Mom was just everybodys sweetheart that knew her, so I got double barrells thru them.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
EzJim #76056 06-22-2008 11:06 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Jim,
Sometimes it is so difficult to read the posts here because of the see saw of emotions. I feel that the more we can help one another through the good and the bad, the stronger our fight against this ordeal. There are times when I realize that someone has not posted and I start worrying.
My grandson is just turning 10 and is full of questions about cancer. He recently lost a 92 yr old greatgrandmother to pancreatic cancer, my sister has been fighting breast cancer for several years, my husband had colon cancer and now I am up to number 3. He asked me why I "talk to the cancer people." I told him that we help each other with information and encouragement and prayers. It is so difficult seeing him trying to understand the realities of life. Today he told my husband he expects him to still be alive when he gets married.
We certainly understand more than a l0 year old, but we still want miracles and are entitled to cry and be angry when things happen that we don't fully understand. We also need to be able to cheer when someone has good news and to be silly at times.
Thanks for bringing this up.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF
Malka #76091 06-23-2008 06:32 PM
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

I bet that young man at 10 is smarter than a lot of were at 16 a few years ago. My how things have changed over the years. I have los a few to cancer in the family. My Mother was the closest relative and my best buddy New Years morning of 2007. The world can be a sad place if we let it. We will make it better for those that follow us thru life I hope.

EzJim #76175 06-25-2008 04:19 PM

Jim,
You only have to read a few of my posts to see that tears have been in my eyes more than once. I am also a little overly sensitive and emotional at times, I blame my mother as well.
I have shed many a sad tear in the last ten years but almost as many happy ones. My brithday this past February was a great day for many happy tears and I posted to let you all know.
It's all good Jim. We have put a lot of anxiety and stress in and everyday there is someone new joining and looking for the same things we were. That gets hard on those who choose to hang around and listen, post and help others, or post about their own experiences. I believe emotions are healthy and tears equally so..letting others know about our collective bad and good tears I'm sure in some way will help someone.
We gotta let it out.
Cheers,
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

I wish I would have read you post in Feb Dr Mike. That is my Birthday month also, but I was getting ready for the implants. It makes me feel good to know that there are a lot of overly sensitive people. I don't remember a thing about my BDay on the 21st of Feb. What is bad is the fact I didn't have the implants until the 29th, but was getting other tests .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users