Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75222 06-05-2008 03:31 AM
Kim P Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

OKAY HERE IS ANOTHER ONE I FOUND ITS CALL DCA AND IS SUPPOSE TO CURE ALL SORTS OF CANCERS I AM A BIT SKEPTICAL ON THIS ONE THOU BECAUSE WHEN I STARTED ASKING IS IT REAL AND OTHER QUESTIONS MY POSTS WERE REMOVED FROM FORUM BOARDS ITS CALLED THE DCA SITE.
NOW THIS I FOUND WAS REALLY INTERESTNG ITS A STUDY ON RAS AND P53 THEY THINK BY USING THESE TOGETHER THAT THEY WILL HELP KILL THE CANCER ITS BEING DONE BY HARTMUT LAND PHD PROFESSOR. DEPARTMENT OF BIOGENETICS. AND IF AM NOT MISTAKEN I THINK P53 IS THE SAME THING CHINA IS USING CALLED GENDICINE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS IN THROAT CANCER.

KIM P
Kim P #75231 06-05-2008 06:35 AM
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Senior Patient Advocate

Kim,

I forget...exactly what type of cancer do you have? It would be helpful if you updated your Signature line like mine below.

With that said and assuming you have oral cancer or know someone that does, it's best to get treated at a CCC where you can be assured that you are getting the most up to date successful treatment currently approved and recognized by the cancer experts.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
davidcpa #75244 06-05-2008 07:32 AM
Kim P Offline OP
OP Offline

oh its my friends husband that has throat cancer i am sorry if i upset anyone he is being treated at great lakes cancer center but i still like to look and see if there is not some miracle out there i thought i had that on my profile i am sorry

KIM P
Kim P #75245 06-05-2008 08:51 AM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

DCA was discussed last year in this thread.

-- Leslie

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.
Leslie B #75253 06-05-2008 02:20 PM
Senior Patient Advocate
Senior Patient Advocate

Kim,

Believe me we all want the "Miracle Cure" but don't you think that if something was medically proven to cure (or treat it more humanely ) a specific cancer that the leading cancer centers, i.e. CCC's would likely be the first to start using it with their patients?

I was approached by many well wishing friends and clients when I was Dx'ed and I am convinced that I would be dead today if I hadn't been treated as I was. I had the misfortune to witness 2 different people within the past year and a half that ignored the advice they got from Moffitt and went the less proven route and both are buried. Granted one was 94 and did not want to get nuked but the other had potentially another 20 years to live but both paid a lot of money to die nonetheless.

The cancer treatment today for Oral Cancers may be brutal but in the majority of cases the patient lives to complain about it and many of us were Stage IV's when Dx'ed. I have also seen improvements in the Tx protocal just in the 2 years I have been associated with my cancer so I'm confident that progress will continue to be made in the medically correct path dictated by our existing laws.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
davidcpa #75277 06-06-2008 10:18 AM

I do believe that if there is a cure, we would know about it and wouldn't have to do any searching. Whoever comes up with it will be famous and sought after by the NEWS big time as well as the public.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
EzJim #75283 06-06-2008 11:29 AM

Just had to add my 2 cents.
There are plenty of "Snake oil salesman" who claim to be able to accomplish anything. They prey on those who are at rock bottom and looking for any answer or solution to their problems whatever they may be. If there were a miracle cure or a magic wand out there the last place you would have to look would be on the internet. It would be well published and studied and the doctors would know about it.
Spin doctors preying on down and out individuals is a billion dollar industry. Cancer treatment isn't perfect or fun, surgery chemo and radiation or as I refer to it, slash burn and poison, does save lives. It saved mine.
I realize people are looking for anything that may help their loved ones but this can be counter productive to the people who are fighting the disease. Before you suggest anything to a patient please discuss your information with an oncologist first. False hope can knock the spirit out of people quicker than a heartbeat.

Just my opinion.
Health and happiness to you all.
Cheers,
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.
Dr. Mike #75308 06-06-2008 11:26 PM
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

Jut think about this. About half a million people are going to die from one cancer or another in the US each year. Don't you think that if there was some sort of miracle cure out there, that some patient, doctor, researcher, or whomever would have heralded it to the world? You know the NY Times kind of exposure?

Any you think that by wandering around the web you are going to come across something that all these people have not thought of or that hasn't made the headlines across the world as the next coming of Christ as it relates to cancer survival? And you further think that if something this miraculous exists, it will be not be in medical research journals etc. but rather you are going to find it on the unregulated web, an environment that is rampant with miracle cures whose true mission is to separate the unsuspecting and trusting from their money. A place where lies and half truths outpace facts 100 to one (if not a worse ratio)?

If you think about this, is not what you are doing when you reflect on it, a little naive? Posting these kinds of questions on this forum is not productive for your friend. If you have questions about your friend, than please do post them as we would like to help you understand what their options are, what they are going through, and the best ways that you can help them. But these kinds of questions that you are currently posting are a waste of everyone's time.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
Brian Hill #75316 06-07-2008 06:46 AM
Kim P Offline OP
OP Offline

okay sorry. but i do have a good question why did they leave his port in for 2 years his wife did not understand that either and couldn`t get a straight answer?

KIM P
Kim P #75317 06-07-2008 06:59 AM
Kim P Offline OP
OP Offline

okay thanks for that thread that i was reading leslie cause i was feeling a little jumped on i admit i am not the one with cancer here but my aunt my uncle my other aunt both sets of my grandparents and now my father has conjestive heart failure and they spend money on going to mars and oh yea now dr steven garner is going to build super soilders with vitamins i seen that crap on fox news not the internet why the hell can`t they help the people and the children i know they have treatments but they are so harsh. and that kanzius cancer treatment machine i e-mail the head of md anderson asking questions and he actually responded back i wish i knew how to put it on here. so i am sorry but i wish i could help all the people not have cancer.

KIM P

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics