Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74746 05-22-2008 11:37 AM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
OP Offline

Hi there Brian- - How do u Download a blog? Is there a way to download all the pages of a blog from this site?

Mine was "33year old woman tongue cancer". I'm about to turn 35 next month and I still want to post now and again but I'd like to have what I wrote during the past year and a half somehow. If I write again it will just be here and there but I still want people to b able to access my sotry if they are interested or want to know info.

thx

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!

Kate --

It may take some time, but it looks like you can e-mail each blog post to yourself (see Email Post command at the bottom of each posting).

Or (this is easier): Open the topic so that your first posting is at the top, then go to the Topic Options tab and choose "Print Topic." That opens a new printable page. From there you can (a) print it or (b) go to Edit/Select All (in the commmands at the top), then copy and paste the highlighted text into an e-mail or into a Word document.

-- Leslie

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Kate,

I sure hope you stick around and more than sporatically. Your posts are inspirational as is your attitude. I enjoy reading your work. We all have such different stories and there's value in them all.

Cancer of Tongue, SCC early Stage 1, Dx 3/13/07, partial glossectomy 4/14/07 found no residual carcinoma and a granular cell tumor with pseudo epitheliomatous hyperplasia.
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Oh my Dearest Kate. I am so happy for you! I find such heartfelt joy in your success, health, and ongoing inspiration to all. You make me grin...and somehow I feel so bonded to you thru Christa(Jordan posting name here.)
I have just sent the donation of $1000 on to this site. I had wanted to post, and include a nice letter and it was taking me awhile to 'get it together'. I will post on several sites here to let people know how helpful the site was in more than one way. It brought 2 young women together to forever be tied together with their battle of this evil disease. You both helped each other thru your treatments.
Thanks to our Pete who also lost his battle, but he pursued you for Christa's sake. And what a blessing that was......
God bless always. We will never lose our connection.

Jordan's Mom. Linda
She fought the fight with courage, hope and dedication. Ten months of battling tongue cancer. They thought they had it after each treatment. Not to be. Christa died at 32 y/o in Nov. '07.
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Kate, you just can't walk out of our lives. I have enjoyed your posts way to much to just let you walk away into the sunset. I woukld have to come haunt you. LOL Think about it for the ones of us , and I think that is 99.9%, of us that enjoy your wisdom. I'm not one to beg, but am almost ready to try it.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
EzJim #74827 05-24-2008 05:14 PM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Hi Kate,

I respect your decision to take time off from this board. Before you go though, I just wanted to tell you once more what a tremendous help and inspiration you were to me, and through me, to my son.

He's still doing great, eating well, gaining weight, and nearly everyone can understand his speech now EVEN ON THE PHONE!

Thank you again for all you've done for us and for everyone on this board. May God bless you and keep you healthy and happy.

-darcy (Matt's mom)

Misskate, you will be missed. I wonder...if there is a new, young person here who needs you, hopefully some of us will be able to IM you on here???? You have been such a huge help to many, but especially the other youngsters who have been blasted with this diagnosis and ultimate treatment. Love you.

Jordan's Mom. Linda
She fought the fight with courage, hope and dedication. Ten months of battling tongue cancer. They thought they had it after each treatment. Not to be. Christa died at 32 y/o in Nov. '07.
OP Offline

Hi Everyone. I will definitely be available to anyone who needs someone to talk to about tongue cancer. Please remember me and have anyone contact me who needs support.

Clear MRI results today! YAY!!!

LOVE, Kate

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!

Kate-Congrats!
Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.
Senior Member (75+ posts)
Senior Member (75+ posts)

Great news!

Jean

* Root for Joe *
Sister of Joe (43, non-smoker/chewer; occ. drinker). Mouth problem 3/07. Diag with Stage I 6/07. Diag with Stage IV 9/07. In EPOC at Univ of Chicago. Cisplatin/cetuximab 1/wk x 8. Then, IMRT 5x/wk x 7 and weekly chemo. Done 12/21/07. Looks good as of 4/08, 7/08, 8/08, 1/09.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics