Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Jerry.. congratulations to a wonderful guy. I think Brian said it all for all of us.

If the next Vegas reunion ever comes to fruition I hope to meet you there!

my 2cents worth has been sent for your walk!
Take Care
Marica

Caregiver to husband (Pete) Stage IV Base of Tongue. Dx 04 2003 Chemo/Radiation no surgery.. doing great!
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Jerry,

Allow me to congratulate you on the 1000 th post and three years of survivorship. I know that there are a lot of great people here are OCF and you are most diffently one of them. You took the time from your day to call me (long distance at that)to put my mind at ease the other day. I can not tell you how nice that was. I hope someday I can return the favor.

Thanks,

John

Stage 4A SSC Left Tonsil, back of tongue and Lymph nodes on left side. Tonsil removed, Chemo and Radiation treatments completed on June 26, 2008.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Jerry you are a true inspiration!!
You, like many others who come to this site have helped many more with your information and advice. I have told you on many occasions how you inspire me. I look up to you as a friend, colleague and gentleman.
I hope your retirement treats you well.
Congrats on the three year milestone! I look forward to watching you make many more years.
If you get bored you should head to Nova Scotia and I'll introduce you to a beautiful salmon fishing spot that you will never want to leave.
All the best!!
Cheers my friend.
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline

Marica, thanks for the sponsorship and I hope that you and I and many others get to meet someday.

John, good luck and I'm happy that I was able to help.

Mike, I love salmon and you may regret the invite. But, intil then, we'll try again for a ski trip next winter.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Jerry

Congrats on Three years !! And I to am glad that you always chose to come back .. I also know the need to walk away !! You are a caring and compasionate individual, and I am sure your wisdom and concern benefit everyone here !! I know they did me !

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery
OP Offline

Thanks Shar,

I hope you are feeling well and that your daughter's dental problems are a thing of the past.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
"OCF Down Under"
"OCF Down Under"

Congratulations Jerry. As others have said, you give so much of yourself and your special skills to this community and that is very much appreciated. I'm so pleased that you are well, love from Helen

RHTonsil SCC Stage IV tx completed May 03
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users