Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline
Senior Patient Advocate

Yesterday am everything worked fine at the site and I posted as such to Chester. Now today it's back doing exactly what it was before and I don't see the the previous thread? Can anyone please explain?

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Yep, I was never able to get to the first unread post...still went to the last page.

Hope you guys can fix it...and thanks in advance.

Deb

Deb..caregiver to husband, age 63 at diagnosis, former smoker who quit in 1997.
DIAGNOSIS: 6/26/07 SCC right tonsil/BOT T4N0M0
TREATMENT START: 8/9/07 cisplatin/taxol X 7..IMRT twice daily X 31.5.
TREATMENT END: 10/1/07
PEG OUT: 1/08
PORT OUT: 4/09
FOLLOWUP: Now only annual exams. ALL CLEAR!

Passed away 1/7/17 RIP Bill
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

I took the thread down when it seemed it had served its purpose. These things all take up space. I will let Chester know that you are having issues again.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

This is not an error with the message board but how your web browser is handling logging in.

Also since the board went down your cookies should have been cleared. If they have not, log off and then re-login.

Cookies are now set to expire every 30 to 60 days. Before it was set to a year which is way to long since everything changes here daily.

For people who have problems, notice on the right hand side of the forum it says welcome... If it has your username you know that you are logged in.

If it says you are logged in and you click "Last Post" the forum should take you to the last post in that forum.

I have verified this on Firefox 7 internet explorer 7.

Please check it out and post your experiences here.

Thanks

-Chester

Last edited by Webmaster; 04-21-2008 12:16 PM.
Senior Member (75+ posts)
Senior Member (75+ posts)

For what it's worth, here is my experience.

Early last week:
When I entered the site, I was automatically logged in. The upper right-hand corner always had my screen name. I would look in the Forums to see what folders had been updated (they were marked by a yellow folder). I would then click on the folder and the updated sub-folders would be marked yellow. When I clicked on the sub-folder, I would automatically be directed to the "oldest new" posting. For example, if there had been 2 postings the last time I visted and now the total was 5 postings, I would be taken to posting #3.

Late last week:
My site opening method remained the same. However, when I clicked on a sub-folder, I would be directed to the first posting in the sub-folder, even if the first posting was 6 months ago. I would then have to page down to where the new postings were.

Later last week:
The problem was apparently fixed and everything was as it seemed to be early last week.

This morning:
We appear to have reverted to the same problem.

I have always been "automatically" logged in to the system.

I know that there are other ways to see new postings, but I personally don't need to see all new postings ... I only follow a few folders and my method seems a little faster to me. Obviously, what is happening is not a huge problem in the bigger picture, but it is a little tiresome because it used to work so well!

Thanks,
Jean

* Root for Joe *
Sister of Joe (43, non-smoker/chewer; occ. drinker). Mouth problem 3/07. Diag with Stage I 6/07. Diag with Stage IV 9/07. In EPOC at Univ of Chicago. Cisplatin/cetuximab 1/wk x 8. Then, IMRT 5x/wk x 7 and weekly chemo. Done 12/21/07. Looks good as of 4/08, 7/08, 8/08, 1/09.

Ditto the previous post. My experience exactly. I have always posted in IE with no problems. Have not changed anything. Have always been logged in. The website is now taking me to the first post on the last page of the thread...not the last unread post.

Thanks again for your efforts Webmaster...they really are appreciated.

Deb

Deb..caregiver to husband, age 63 at diagnosis, former smoker who quit in 1997.
DIAGNOSIS: 6/26/07 SCC right tonsil/BOT T4N0M0
TREATMENT START: 8/9/07 cisplatin/taxol X 7..IMRT twice daily X 31.5.
TREATMENT END: 10/1/07
PEG OUT: 1/08
PORT OUT: 4/09
FOLLOWUP: Now only annual exams. ALL CLEAR!

Passed away 1/7/17 RIP Bill

Chester

I noticed some of these behaviors on IE AFTER getting the Tuesday Windows push of updates last week, not just with this board, but others.

I am getting the nightly builds for the new Firefox, so will not comment on that since it is still in BETA. Seems to be flawless tho.

Kevin

9 YEAR SURVIVOR
SCC Tongue (T3N0M0) diag 06/2006.
No evidence of disease 2010
Another PET 12-2014 pre-HBO, still N.E.D.

�Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. It matters that you don't just give up.�
Stephen Hawking
Senior Patient Advocate
OP Offline
Senior Patient Advocate

I am always logged in and that has been the same forever. If it is my system and a lot of others, please tell us what our system is now doing that it wasn't a week or so ago? I'm not pointing fingers but I spend a lot of time here and this is increasing my time which doesn't help my day. Oh and it did work for that one session that I posted back to Chester. Doesn't make any sense.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

I can't believe this thread. Even if the final outcome was that it takes you to the first post each time, I can't believe that the few seconds it takes to scroll to the bottom of the page or click on the last numbered page (if it is a multi page thread), that it is causing you to burn up valuable minutes of your day. You guys are obviously further up the food chain of life than me if you don't have this much extra time.

This is the way thing are now, it is the way they are going to be. So try this. For those of you who understand what a cookie is ONLY, please delete them and let the forum place a new one in your cookie file of your browser. If you do not know what I am talking about don't do this. You will have to, the first time, reenter your name and password. After that first session, it will remember you again. Now that you have signed in, go to the heading that says FORUM LIST, if this is where you want to look at your yellow NEW posting forums folders. Click on it and see a list of all the forums and the yellow ones indicating those have something that your cookie recognizes as something new to you. For instance click on the general forum. The page that comes up has colored folders for the topics that have something new in them since you were there last. Don't click on it yet. Notice that on the right is a link to the LAST POSTING IN THE FORUM if that is where you wish to go. If you click on the topic title on the LEFT - it will take you to the first posting in the thread. This is too simple. For those that come here every day like me, I don't do things this way. I go to the postings in the last 24 hours heading, and it gives me EVERYTHING that has been posted during that period. I just read down through the list to look for ones that I think I want to read or contribute to. The forum is operating the way it is supposed to operate. Please, unless you are having a serious problem with its operation, like you can't post, you can't log on, or something similar, please adapt. Otherwise email me.

Bottom left hand corner of this page is a link that says my cookies. For those of you that understand this, go in there and expire all the cookies with one click. Next time you come to the forum you will have to log in from scratch.

Those of you using Internet Explorer are using the most outdated browser out there, the one most prone to problems and viruses and spyware, and the one least compatible with the OCF site in general. OCF behave and appears differently in different Browsers. I use Safari as well as Firefox, and some of the features available in FF are not available in Safari.... it is not a perfectly compatible world on the web.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 04-21-2008 02:08 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

I strongly agree with Brian, go to active posts, this will give you everything.
The only time any software does exactly what you want to do is IF you write it yourself (assuming there are no bugs).

resistance is futile you will be assimilated!!

common guys lighten up!

M

Partial glossectomy (25%) anterior tongue. 4/6/07/. IMRT start @5/24/07 (3x) Erbitux start/end@ 5/24/07. IMRT wider field (30x) start 6/5/07. Weekly cisplatin (2x30mg/m2), then weekly carbo- (5x180mg/m2). End of Tx 19 July 07.

[quote=Brian Hill]
Those of you using Internet Explorer are using the most outdated browser out there, the one most prone to problems and viruses and spyware, and the one least compatible with the OCF site in general. [/quote]

But it IS Microsoft <<VERY BIG GRIN>>

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. I agree 100%. Windows users that use Firefox generally do have fewer problems with system exploits.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

9 YEAR SURVIVOR
SCC Tongue (T3N0M0) diag 06/2006.
No evidence of disease 2010
Another PET 12-2014 pre-HBO, still N.E.D.

�Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. It matters that you don't just give up.�
Stephen Hawking
Senior Patient Advocate
OP Offline
Senior Patient Advocate

Sorry I wasted your time.

David

OCF Founder
OCF Founder

There's nothing to apologize for. We're doing the best that we can on this end. There are priorities of things that we need to deal with with the web site. Pages that still need putting up, links that need to get fixed, new events that need to be added and more. If we were a bigger organization, there would be plenty of people to deal with every tiny issue that isn't optimum. We don't have Chester full time, and we have to use the time of his that we have in the most productive way possible. Sorry for being short, I'm just up to my ass in alligators.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics