Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Brian,
As you and everyone knows I always jump in with both feet to the point that many think that I am over eager. I do not view my enthusiasm in the same way. I will however, watch and view from the sidelines as you get this project going in the U.S. and try and learn as much as I can.
I guess this site, your efforts and all of the wonderful people on this site inspire me. Basically, I feel I can help.
I agree with the, "look before you leap.", and only want you to know that when the time is right I'll help.
Rome wasn't built in a day but, I was cursed/blessed with a mind that never stops.
Cheers Brian,
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.

Brian,
I will try to check back later today and will be off until late Mon or early tue and then off Fri PM 25th - late Sun 27 or early Mon 28th.
I have been "privileged" to be hit with a 3rd form of cancer and will have a lumpectomy Wed 30th. There will be follow up radiation TBA. I am still committed to this project and am assuming that all will work out well. I am just very aggravated over this latest episode.
BTW, I orderd the new bag yesterday and forgot to order more of the patient information booklets. If you can, please add to the same order before it ships out.
Praying for good weather and great results for the NY event.
Malka

Last edited by Malka; 04-18-2008 01:40 AM.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF
Malka #73322 04-18-2008 10:19 AM
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Malka,

I had breast cancer and oral cancer treated back to back (actually partly simultaneously) and I can promise you that if you survived oral cancer radiation and chemo (although looking at your signature line, maybe you didn't), the breast cancer lumpectomy/sentinal node removal and radiation (assuming that is what they have lined up for you since you mentioned a lumpectomy?) will seem like a piece of cake. And there is way more support avialable if you have breast cancer than for those of us with oral cancer.

Still, I don't mean to downplay your aggravation. I can understand it all too well! You'll be in my thoughts.

Brian and Sharlee, Sometime in the hopefully near future I would definitely be willing to share the work for the New York OCF branch. However, I am still facing a lot of challenges in terms of surgery for structures and possibly a more serious surgery for my trismus in the near future and between that and a lot of work commitments right now, I don't want to commit to something I then have to back out of because of other obligations. I feel like right now I barely have adequate time to hold together work, medical treatments, and the various mouth care and swallowing-issue things I need to do each day to make sure nothing gets worse.

But please keep me in mind if somehting comes up several months from now--maybe things will have gotten better.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics