Well, yesterday I had my 7th esophageal dilation since August 07. I also have to have another one in a month. I finished my radiation in June 07. The radiation caused my upper esophagus to shrink causing a severe stricture. My GI doc said that he is hoping my esophagus will eventually stay in place, but he said it could go the other way too. I am very concerned that if it goes the other way I will never be able to eat again at all. It could also mean that I will be on a peg tube for the rest of my life. It really scares me to think of that happening! I am still on the peg tube but never use it except during the few days after the dilations because my throat and esophagus are so sore I can barely swallow. I am hoping that the outcome of my dilations will be a positive one. Just looking for emotional support, encouragement and for stories from others that have had these problems with their esophagus. Thanks!

Nine years out. New normal with limitations, but surviving and living life to the fullest.