Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Malka #72815 04-10-2008 07:37 AM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

[quote=Malka]
Intelligence and common sense are no match for someone who doesn't know how to think. [/quote]

Oh I like this quote !!! smile

9 YEAR SURVIVOR
SCC Tongue (T3N0M0) diag 06/2006.
No evidence of disease 2010
Another PET 12-2014 pre-HBO, still N.E.D.

�Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. It matters that you don't just give up.�
Stephen Hawking
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Somebody gave my wife 2 bottles of WATER (in old fashioned style milk bottles) with claims that it cured cancer (and about 3 dozen other diseases). I sent a copy to Quackwatch. These people are shameless. At least the old Lydia Pinkhams Elixer from the late 1800's had opium in it. Noni juice anyone??? (sigh)

Yes I too had idiots coming up to me with all of this new age homeopathic bullshit (and I told them so too).

And I also have to wonder why is Farrah Fawcett being treated in Germany?

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)
Malka #72829 04-10-2008 02:24 PM
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Suemarie, if you are overly sensitive right now, you have every right to be. I can only imagine the amount of stress you feel. Hang in there and say what you need to say.

Cancer of Tongue, SCC early Stage 1, Dx 3/13/07, partial glossectomy 4/14/07 found no residual carcinoma and a granular cell tumor with pseudo epitheliomatous hyperplasia.
Suess57 #72830 04-10-2008 02:55 PM
OP Offline

That's exactly why I come here! No BS
Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.
suemarie #72840 04-10-2008 06:29 PM
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Deb - my BIL is one strange nut. I believe in his narrow-minded world that he thinks this "juice" would honestly help Dan. He also believes that cancer treatment is poison and that if you take this juice and pray more, etc. then you would be ok. He also does not have health insurance - moran. Dan told me tonight that he guessed he was just going to have to call Blue Cross and sign his brother up and we would pay it for him. His wife has MS so she is covered by Medicaid? or Medicare? I get the two of them confused. Reading between the lines I also think my BIL believes that Dan did this to himself by not being "as good of a Christian" as he is... Pretty insane and the kind of person that gives Christianity and hypocrisy, etc. a bad name. Dan's always been a very loving and loyal son, brother, father and husband and even though he may not attend church every sunday he has very good morals and family values... His BIL attends every Sunday, but has been in jail for a couple of years. Has done drugs, is an alchoholic (sober for a year though!!), has abandoned two of his children and is lazy as the day is long. So it irritates the crap out of me for him to say this stuff and when he says it to Dan it's like he's second-guessing Dan. And for all his faults - Dan loves him. And of course Dan hates the treatment and the further we go the harder it is and he's human so of course on occasion he wants to quit and then his BIL feeds into that. (Don't worry though - we're not quitting.)
Sorry that went so long - he gets my BP up and I just go on and on :-) and I've only shared about 1% with yall.

Michelle, CG to husband (45), DX 2/08 Stage IVa Adenocarcinoma Salivary Gland (T2N2bMO)
Parotidectomy & ND 2/08, Tumor margins not clear, 4 of 30 nodes positve for cancer,
TX IMRT 39x, cisplatin 7x (completed 5/1/08),
PEG (4/22 - 7/9), No port. Currently in remission!

luvmyhubby #72846 04-10-2008 07:58 PM

If we could round up all of the religious zealots and extremists and kill them ALL, most of the worlds conflicts would be OVER (gas prices would probably go DOWN). It is basically a fundamentalist view (no matter which religion you want to look at) that sin and disease are linked, and that is total bullshit - show me the scriptures that say that - bring it on!

Love the sinner but hate the sin. Even Jesus hated the Pharisees which were the 600 rule (that they had to obey daily) fundamentalists of their day. But they crept back into the the organized church and spew out crap like your BIL. Any idiot can be an extremist -to be in the middle of the road takes a LOT more work.

Cancer treatment is toxic - as are many herbal remedies. It's all about risks and benefit... and the ratio between them.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)
Gary #72848 04-10-2008 08:10 PM

[quote=Gary] Any idiot can be an extremist -to be in the middle of the road takes a LOT more work.[/quote]

Very well said!!!

Michelle, CG to husband (45), DX 2/08 Stage IVa Adenocarcinoma Salivary Gland (T2N2bMO)
Parotidectomy & ND 2/08, Tumor margins not clear, 4 of 30 nodes positve for cancer,
TX IMRT 39x, cisplatin 7x (completed 5/1/08),
PEG (4/22 - 7/9), No port. Currently in remission!

luvmyhubby #72963 04-13-2008 02:41 PM

Hi All,
I have read and watched this and have until now bitten my tongue. (I know...many of you can't belive it.)
I have always had a problem with people trying to profit and provide false hope from the misfortunes of others. Unfortunatly, it is a mutlibillion dollar industry. Many of you have posted with the same displeasure that I have. I was told by a friend when I was diagnosed with sarcoma over ten years ago that "shark cartilage", would cure me. Of course, I had to check it out. After many inquiries I found a clinic that answered my questions and informed me what this treatment entailed.
I was required to discontinue any medical treatment, go to the clinic, follow their treatment plan, pay $15K and for that I got to eat salad, do yoga, meditate and have shark cartilage administered by (get this) retention enema for three hours a day for ten days. I'm not a genius but, when I took human physiology and human anatomy your colon was only able to absorb water and essential minerals. I am not aware that that has changed. Cartilage molecules were way to big to be absorbed and for that matter unable to be broken down in the colon and rectum. You want to put 3 feet of hose where?...and then 5 litres of fluid are going where? I of course laughed my head off and reported these people to the local authorities and other government bodies.
There will always be "Snake Oil Salesman". People in, what they consider, desperate situations are willing to give up everything to live for another day. These organizations continue to thrive by spreading false hope, not by spending the money they recieve on scientific research but by spending it on marketing and advertising. Shame on them!!
I don't discount that a healthy lifestyle low in stress high in fiber with plenty of exercise and rest will certainly benefit everyone no matter what stage of health they are in but, if a magic cancer cure was out there our Doctors would know about it especially in the age of the internet.
Sorry to rant...just had to get my 2..OK 5 cents out.
God bless you all,
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users