Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Way to go Michelle! Celebrating with you! ;o)

Dad had oral lichens planus, and oral leukoplakia before T2 SCC,2 nodes.
DX10/23/03
IMRT 12/29/03.30 rad,3 boost.
Brachytherapy 3/8-3/11/04.
Recurrence Nov07 Stage IV.
4 Surgeries
No rads, no chemo
I have oral lichens planus,
thrush,leukoplakia 2/20/08
6/2/08 biopsies "inflammation"

Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

Hello everybody!!
Ok I've got an update. Went back to my first ENT, he looked in my nose with the scope again, guess what?
The infection, or big knot, as he called it is still there. This is my adenoids, he said it was my adenoids and not the tissue around it, but the adenoids themself. He has decided to take out my adenoids and possibly my tonsils. He also said that there is a 1 in 1000 chance that it could be cancer, he is doing a biopsy also after he takes them out. My neurologists said my mri that I had with him was just fine, but he wanted me to have the surgery and then come back to see him in 6wks, if I was still having problems. I am still in major discomfort and pain, I can't wait to have the surgery, o and by the way guys, I have never had surgery or been put to sleep or anything like that. I'm really nervous about it, but am so wanting it to hurry and be April 1st. I'm praying that it is just an infection and that after they are taken out everything will go back to feeling normal. I said it's kinda weird that somebody is actually looking forward to having surgery, but I think it will end my problems. The ENT said if it's not there then it can't cause problems. True I guess, if it is not cancer. Still keep me in your prayers, as I do all of you. I am making that day my official quit day of smoking!! After this NO MORE SMOKING!!! I will keep everyone updated. Thanks Dell for your reply. I no longer think I have yeast infection, but if you are experiencing anything like I have been, I will put an extra prayer in for you. It is miserable. I hope you get well soon. Eat lots of plain active yoguart. It does help and soothes the mouth also. Good luck!! Let me know if you come up with new stuff to try for the yeast!!

Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Good luck with the surgery Adele. I know you feel a lot better just knowing some type of action is being taken. Hopefully, this will put an end to your symptoms. Congratulations on deciding to quit. It will be well worth it. I know it is for me.

Cancer of Tongue, SCC early Stage 1, Dx 3/13/07, partial glossectomy 4/14/07 found no residual carcinoma and a granular cell tumor with pseudo epitheliomatous hyperplasia.

Hi Adele,
I'm so glad your getting somewhere!
Taking out the adenoids sounds like a logical place to start.
I hope this takes care of it and let's you get your life back to normal! Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do to help the surgeon do his job, and also for your recovery.
God speed to your surgery and recovery!
Make sure to let us know the date of your surgery and if it will be outpatient/inpatient.

Best of luck!

DX10/23/03
4 Surgeries
No rads, no chemo

OP Offline

Hello Dell,
My surgery is scheduled for April 1st. This Tuesday. I can't wait!!! I am miserable!!! Congrats on quitting smoking Dell. This Tuesday is mine and I can't wait to be smoke free. My surgery is an out-patient surgery, the ENT is going to do a biopsy after it is removed. I pray that this ends all my problems. I will update everybody and I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all you guys, because through all this I feel like I have had someone to talk to about my problems. I will always be thankful for that, and I will be here for all of you.!!

Adele,

I can imagine that your scared of having the surgery, I'm praying for your peace and for your good outcome. I hope you have someone with you that day.

Sending you a big bouquet of virtual spring flowers and a hug to hang in there until it's over and you get good news.

We'll be here for you to hear how it went when you're able to write.

Relief is right around the corner! ;o)

DX10/23/03
4 Surgeries
No rads, no chemo

Geo Offline

Blessings to you today. Pray all goes well with surgery.

Anxious caregiver.
Squamous cell ca cheek/jawbone/mandible/Stage IV positive lymph nodes.Surgery, Jan 08. Removal of cheek,removal of lymph nodes.Currently undergoing week4 of radiation treatment--to receive 33 treatment in all.Takes Fenyl patch and hydromorphine.
Geo #72273 04-01-2008 04:32 PM
OP Offline

Hello again
I've got an update. Well today was just terrible. I did not get to have my surgery. When I got to the surgery center this morning, my ENT took me to a room, I knew something was up cause they usually don't do this, anyway, he said he couldn't do the surgery today because my WBC was really high. When I say high I mean high. My wbc was 20.5. This is extremely high from what I have seen. I still have no fever. The ENT sent me for a chest x-ray and a urine screening with culture. Then he wanted me to go to my GP. So I went to see him today too. He took another urine test, came back fine. He didn't think I had pneumonia. Said my lungs sounded fine. I did just get off a large round of prednisone, I saw on the internet that this could elevate the wbc, does anybody know. My GP didn't really know, he didn't order anymore tests to be done. I have started antibiotics again for 7 days. I will go on April 8,2008 to have my wbc checked again. My GP also said that my thyroid was a little enlarged. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be going on with me. I feel like I'm choking and I am having trouble breathing some. I kinda feel breathless. Any ideas??? I'm at wits end. I will call my ENT tomorrow to see if anything showed up on my x-ray. I'm also gonna call the other ENT to see if I can get the results of my MRI of the throat. I've still not heard from him. It makes me so mad when a doctor orders a test for you and doesn't give you the results till months later. As for the wbc, does anybody have any ideas as to what else could be going on with it being 20.5. I know that is high. I've also been extremely weak and tired for about 4 days now. I'm just so afraid that they, the docs, are gonna let whatever is going on, get worse and that is what I'm trying to prevent. HELP!!!!!

Geo #72303 04-02-2008 05:04 AM
OP Offline

Hi Geo,
I saw that you had alot going on with your mouth and so forth. Could you tell me your symptoms? If you don't mind me askin. I just need some relief, I think I'm stressing myself out thinking about all of this. Just wondering. Thanks for your reply on my post. God Bless You.

OP Offline

Hey Dell1064 how is the no smoking thing going? How did you do it cold turkey? Did you have withdrawl? How do you quit cold turkey/

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users