Hello everyone, my friend june finishes her treatment this coming wed. with her final cisplatin, she had 6 weeks of rads to neck voice box. She had her treatment at MDA and well pleased with her decision to go there. They told her on friday that she may need a neck dissection and IF she did then they would keep her in hospital for a week and put a catheter in the neck and they would do internal radiation. She goes back on the 16th April for a scan and that is when he will make the decision. He said he thought he felt some nodules where the lump in the neck was, but also said it may be scar tissue from a previous surgery.I wonder if anyone here has gone through such a procedure with internal radiation? Any feedback would be very welcome and how rough is a neck dissection?
She is staying very positive, just lost two lbs and only drinking ensure as she says everything tastes awful and it hurts big time to swallow. Many thanks and blssings to all, the people on this site are just great, I've learned so much.
Shirley

Scotslass,friend of June, diagnosed in Oct.2007 and beginning treatment this month chemo and radiation.Cancer in the neck with unknown primary...wrapped around carotid artery.