I'm sure that I can account for everyone here who has ever had a moment to share with our friend, when I say how much I miss her. She once told me when I was talking about my mom and how difficult it was to communicate, to just listen. She said the more we just listened to someone the more that other person felt we understood and we then wouldn't take the focus off of what they were saying. She said having someone just listent to her was such a relief...and as we all know, she was not a complainer-at least not openly.
A loving silence often has more power to heal and connect that the most well intentioned words. This is what I learned from Bren, this and being honest about how I was feeling inside.
I know Bren can hear my thoughts and feel what is in my heart; she is still sharing and teaching me about her loving silence, a way to listen and a way to believe that even in her death she is still sharing her loving silence.
I will love you forever Bren! and I will never forget you!!
Love,
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.