Wendy
Welcome You found a great resource on this site. We never ever would have gotten through Bob's treatment without the people here. There seems to be no question that is unanswerable so ask away or vent or whatever you need it will be here somewhere. From treatment issues and info, to peg tube, smoothie and soft food recipes, to humor, tears and hugs the OCF family has it.
Regarding being his manager Yes he is looking for you to interpret but I doubt that you will have to make all his descisions. Bob was niether elderly or impaired in anyway still he relied on me to be the one to ask questions and gather information because he was overwhelmed with the physicality of exams, treatment, meds etc...and was really not able to process much during Dr visits. He is also computer savvy but couldn't bring himself to do the work to access this site. I took notes and participated here getting information then we would discuss what was going on and he would make his own descisions based on the info when he was comfortable and clear headed. He also needed clarification on instructions given by the nurses etc when he was being treated. I didn't go with him to treatment cause I too had to work but found his entire treatment team to be very willing to talk to me on the phone and help me keep things straight. It is not an easy road ahead but if you take it one step at a time you'll eventually find yourself out of these woods. Peace Denise

Caregiver Husband Bob SCC tongue t2nomo Partial Glosectomy/neck disection 6/04 rad ending 9/23/04
Osteoradio-necrosis of the Mandible (ONJ) DX 6/09 Surgery 7/2/09 mandible resection/ several teeth extracted/ neck dissection NO FLAP and aggressive antibiotic therapy.