Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49953 06-27-2005 12:36 PM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline
OCF Founder

It took awhile to get through their system, but OCF is finally listed on the MissionFish portion of eBay. What this means is that we can sell there as a foundation without incurring fees, (every little bit helps) and anyone else who sells anything on eBay, can designate that some portion (%) of their sale be donated to the foundation. When you do that, your listing gets a special designator ribbon on it, in your listing the foundation logo and a few sentences about the foundation are both placed for people to see, and of course at the end of the month the foundation gets a check from eBay for the portions of sales that have been donated by sellers, who get a tax deduction for their donation. It's a win-win situation. It's a really great system all the way around given the millions of sellers that are out there. Now it is up to us to let people know that sell on eBay, that OCF is registered, and to tack us on to their listing even if it is only for a small percentage. Over the last few years I have sold everything from motorcycle helmets and jackets to tools, camera gear, etc. on their system and it never ceases to amaze me how simple it is to get money for things that I was about to give away or toss.... I must admit that I am a chronic eBay buyer (hilllaguna) and have bought tons of stuff as well. I hope that you will use the MissionFish part of the eBay system and think of OCF when the opportunity arises.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#49954 06-27-2005 07:22 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

This is good news.

Just one question: why is the non-profit type listed as "health and sports"? This makes me smile because when I was a child, there was a scandal hereabouts concerning the Health and Sporting Society which was actually a clothing very optional sunbathing group (gasp).

#49955 06-28-2005 12:57 PM
OCF Founder
OP Offline
OCF Founder

There are only 5 categories to choose from when you sign up....this one came the closest. I would have preferred something different, but when you consider all the different types of charities that are out there, the list could have contained hundreds of possiblities. I guess the cut it down to something manageable.... but for sure I would have liked sports to be a different category!!

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics