Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Hi, This is more long term but, how about writing a book? Kim says she is writing one, and I KNOW Brian could write one. There is a lot of material in these posts that could be used. I would like to see a positive side, I am tired of looking something up and getting that 50% death rate thing. My son is an Editor for a publishing company in NYC.He is in Political Science , but he does have an intrest bacause of me.Think about it.gnelson

gnelson, StageIV, cancer free since Nov.9,2000
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

SPOhnc, whatever, always gives us the positive side, in fact they did`nt even want to hear from Packer...........my son is a writer too, and Packer can write when able......we need the truth out there now!!!!!!!!!

OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

We, with the right writing assistance, could put together a good book for oral cancer patients. The core information already exists on the website. Then there are the many message threads that could be added. It's a great idea. But we need an interested publisher, for something that will have a limited readership

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Packer and I are planning a book also.......I just haven`t convinced him yet.........since surgery last year, he has written me an evening note, and I write him a morning note.....sort of like a two people journal....that`s the only way I could get him to start writing..........I think we`re a group of very special people, who have come together for a reason........I`ve learned nothing happens by chance.........WE CAN DO IT..........Dee

How much would the equipment cost to have a live chat group ? I have several contacts in the ISP industry that may be able to have a vendor maybe "throw in" the equipment. What would be involved ?

StageIV SCC(mandible & floor of mouth) survivor since 6/12/98
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Dear Brian,

I understand the limitations of publishing a book on our condition, but what if it was done in the form of the "Chicken Soup" books? These books gather short stories of human victory over major obstacles. Some are inspirational, some are sad, and others down right heart-breaking. But, you come out with a feeling of hope. This is what we all want to convey. And the statistics could be included in the forward and on the front and back flaps.

I really believe that America is looking for causes. And this one is not something that most are aware of. But if brought to the forefront, I think the outpouring would be tremendous.

I have an address for ideas to be submitted to the publisher. They are always looking for new tales of inspiration. I really want to think that they would be interested in ours.

I have no idea how the proceeds would be divided....or what the business side of things would entail. But I would be more than happy to submit a letter and see if they are interested. I'll probably need help though Brian....you are the most articulate! smile

Mandi

Husband diagnosed with stage III tonsil and floor of mouth cancer in August 2002. Three rounds of chemo/42 RAD treatments. Upper right lung lobectomy in March 2003. (Benign)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users