Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Margaret, I noticed a big difference during our 6th week of recovery, hubby was willing to try new foods, still can't taste like he wants to. but let me assure you it will get better, every day now is like a minor miracle. I never thought we would get to this point. I remember someone posting that this stuff will be a memory, my husband would say "ya right in your dreams," but you know its true. We now say remember when... you couldn't stand the sight or smell of food, when you spent EAster in the bathroom, when you couldn't talk to the kids on the phone. It is truely amazing, so please tell your husband to hang in there, and you too, you have been a great caregiver- for this to shalll pass. Thanking the Good Lord everyday. LJ

CG to husband 53,39 rads. 3 rds cisplastin ended 6/2/07 Tonsils removed 1.10.07 11 of 20 nodes positive- lump removed on rt. side of neck 1/26/07 cancer of nasal pharnyx TXN2MX 2nd rd. of chemo- carbo/taxol on 6/11/07

Hello everyone.
My friend is in his 3rd week of radiation now and is doing really well. The problem which is upsetting him is that he is losing his hair on the back of his head....in the middle...not the top or sides or by neck area. It is a huge bald spot.

Has anyone else experienced this?

For the person that has been getting dehydrated and finding it hard to eat or swallow, try Ensure Plus or Boost. It works and they have different flavors. It is best to drink everything with a straw.

For the person experiencing lots of pain, ask the doctor for a prescription for morphine or percocet.

CG to b/f, 66 years old. Salvary gland cancer in Paratoid gland on jaw. Had surgery and now in his third week of radiation.

I'm sorry, I forgot to write down info on the bottom.

I am a g/f to male, 66, Salivary cancer to Paratoid gland. Surgery with 6 weeks of radiation. He is starting his third week. He is being radiated by his ear, middle of jaw and collar bone.

Beth

CG to b/f, 66 years old. Salvary gland cancer in Paratoid gland on jaw. Had surgery and now in his third week of radiation.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics