Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Stephanie,

I will call you soon. I know how difficult all of this has been for you and your family. I have not forgotten about you. My mom was also pegless and lost a ton of weight as we had previously discussed. Just this past weekend she told me that she is going to start dieting because now she is finally starting to gain weight. She is almost 140 pounds and doesn't ever want to be overweight again. I think 140 is a healthy weight for her but she does not want to gain anymore weight back...she has been eating everything fattening possible since the weight loss and was unable to gain a pound and now finally almost 1 year after treatment she is able to gain a few pounds.

Have you consulted other doctors regarding your mothers treatment? It seems crazy that there is no way for them to do a biopsy??

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Dani

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for your message. I am so happy to hear that your mom is doing well. I saw our "doctor K" today and this is what happened. I posted earlier: I am so sad Danielle! You can email or call me and I can give the details. Basically, there is no hope really for my mom according to the doctor :-(

I just came back from my mom's doctor visit and he told us that my mom has less than a year to live. I am so devastated and just dont know how to deal with this. She cant eat or speak. She writes notes. THis is awful. He told us that this cancer does not spread and that she will pass on from something secondary, such as pneumonia. I just dont want to give up. He told us he cant be sure her cancer is back, but it looks that way because she has not gotten better and also because of the CT scan. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do for my mom. She is starting pain management for her pain and nutrition in a couple of days. I just wish I could do more. I feel so awful. I am not a quitter and was wondering what I can do.
Thanks so much
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Stephany, I am so very sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and your Mom. Love, Carol

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Thank you all for your support. And Sarah's Daughter, you hang in there as well. WE are all here for you.
Love
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics