Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Is there anyone out there that has had or knows someone that has or had a mucoepidermoid carcinoma and even one of the sublingual gland in the mouth?????

Partner diagnosed with low grade mucoepidermoid carcinoma of sublingual gland, 2nd opinion graded intermediate grade, surgery to remove,lymph nodes removed one side, nodes all clear. Treatment - radiation.
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF across the pond"

kristie i sent you a pm with the thread about mucoepidermoid on it.see general board old threads.
l

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

date of thread april 30th.If you do a search in the top search engine there are 19 references for you to read

liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.

Hi, could I get that link... I'm newly diagnosed.

Age 37, low grade mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the upper right palate 7/15/2008, Never Used Tobacco, runner (3 marathons!), Shorin Ryu Karateka, Husband, Father of three (8,5,3)... and does this mean I can go skydiving now?
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Stephen,

Jerry here again.

There are two search engines on the site. One on the home page and the other on the top right of this page. Type in your topic for information.

You should read the first forum for new members if you haven't already.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Hi,
I am 41 Non Smoker, Non Drinker but have had HPV since Age 23. MRI ordered by Otolaryngologist showed 2.5cm Tumor in the Upper Aspect of the right Submandibular Gland. 10/6/2008 Had Surgery to remove gland with 8-9 Cervical Lymph Node Neck Resection. Surgical Margins are close but neither Positive or Negative. One Lymph Node sent for Frozen Section during Surgery was Benign. Pathology shows Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma- Intermediate Grade and Stage is T2N0Mx (Perineural Invasion & Lymphovascular Invasion Present). Panendoscopy during surgery was absolutely clean ("not even a pink spot"). Lungs Clean, Brain MRI with Gad clean. Did IMRT (7000cgy 35 treatements) to Tumor Bed, adjacent Lymph Nodes, Clavicle and the Perineurals in Skullbase as precaution. Is anyone out there who has similar experience as my situation is rare? Most MECs occur in Parotid Gland. Any info or contact would be encouraging. I can't seem to find anyone out there. Thanks and God Bless.

10/6/2008 Surgery to remove right submandibular gland with 2.5cm MEC-IG Grade and Neck Resection (8-9LN)1LN Negative. Complete Panendoscopy Clean including Lungs. Brain MRI Clean
Patholgy- T2,N0,Mx (PI and LV Invasion Present)
11/17/2008-01/12/2009 IMRT (7000cgy)icluding PN SkullBase
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

I have MEC of the Rt Submandibular Gland. Mine was found accidently when I had a CT to check a neck fusion. I had a needle bx and then I had surgery to remove the gland. It took 3 1/2hrs to peel the tumor from a nerve and other adjacent structures. April 1, I am having a neck resection and after recovery I will start 6 weeks of radiation. Yippee! My daughter is coming to be with me and take me to radiation treatments. I am having my treatment in a cancer center located 6 hrs away. My sister lives near the center so we can stay with her.My daughter is a big help to me because she has had Hodgkin's twice. She is considered cured now. She went thru chest surg, chemo and radiation. This web site has been a lifesaver for me. I am not worried about my upcoming surgery. That's a big thing.
Sweetpea

Sweetpea
2/09 MEC Rt Submandibular Gland,Tumor Exc,age 68; 4/09 Rt Neck Resect, Excise Rt Lingual Nerve, 10 nodes; 1 month later- Lge Abscess Drained 5/09; 4 more cancers, final path report; 6/09 IMRTx33
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

Please remember the the main sites search engine only searches the main site, and it is found in the links on the bottom of the home page. The search engine on these posting boards only searches the posting boards. Two different animals with two different purposes.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics