Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37731 08-11-2004 11:55 AM
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Went to the doctor today, had to have blood work done. This is every month for me. It was a nice day out and the only thing I had to do. I got there early as usuall. I was taken right in and I sat down to have my blood drawn. Which never bothers me one bit. Usually I never even feel it. This time however was different. The needle broke off inside my arm. I just immediatly started crying, talk about hurt. They had to find tweezers to get it out with...Now if you haven't ever had a trache, you wouldn't know this, if you have you now what I am about to say. You cannot cry with a trache, no way, not at all, or I can't. The mucous is so thick imedate thickness. So now here i am blood everywhere, mucous running down my neck. A nice day ruined,. My arm hurts, Why didn't I just stay at home,,,,Miss Vicki

#37732 08-11-2004 03:01 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

The sun gonna rise tomorrow Miss Vicki, May it shine on you the whole day!!

That rates as one bad day!!! My viens are starting to bleed up higher in my arm than where the chemo is inputted. Doesn't hurt just looks like hell.
One of our rights is to bitch about the treatment. I'm sure there are many members who are as sick as hell at being poked with a needle. Here's hoping you feel better tomorrow Miss Vicki,

Your Friend, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
#37733 08-11-2004 04:35 PM
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Danny Boy, I just love you! What Miss Vickie needs is some commiseration. You are the one to offer it in just the right way.

Girl, this day totally sucked for you. I am so sorry. As Daniel says, you sure have the right to bitch about the treatment. I recall one day when the doctor made Scott lie flat to examine his sutures after surgery. I knew it was not a good thing. Well, as you know lying flat with a trache is mighty tricky business and uncomfortable for sure. So, before we knew it Scott was coughing and choking and he let loose a gob of phlem that took airborne and both doctors had to dodge it. Missed one, but got the other. I had to try like hell not to laugh in spite of the awful situation.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, and I hope Scott's phlem made you smile! :p

Christine

Wife of Scott: SCC, Stage I retromolar 10/02--33 rad; recurrence 10/03--Docetaxol, 5FU, Cisplatin; 1/04 radical right neck, hard palate, right tonsil; recurrence 2/04--mets to skin and neck; Xeloda and palliative care 3/04-4/04; died 5/01/04.
#37734 08-12-2004 11:27 AM
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

LOL, LOL, LOL, thank you so much Christine..I needed that. That is one thing about a trache, look out when we cough. That was too funny, LOL. Thank you too Danny, I just adore you as well. Laying down flat is almost next to impossible. They are always wanting me to do just that, I can't and I won't. All the ct scans, MRI'S, pet scans. They have to prop me up. Have I mentioned that I hate the trache??? I think that I have, LOL. I really feel that if they would just take this damm thing out I would be a happy camper, well I am sure I would find something else to complain about but still, LOL. My neck is so so stiff because of it. However I have started doing some execrcises with it, what the hell, it can't hurt anymore than it already does..I coughed the other day and it flew clear across the room and hit my big screen TV! Thank the Lord I was the only one here. Tho I don't know why I say that I just told how many people, LOL...THere is nothing sacred here, is there? It really is quite embarrassing tho to be honest. For we never know when it is going to happen. You put your hand to cover but that doesn't always contain it. Those of you who have one know what I am saying? You know the funny thing about this trache is, I never even knew I was going to have one. How was I to know? No one told me? Talk about freaked out. I have never even known anyone who had ever had one. So I was really upset about this. They were not to remove any of my tongue either, so I was totally shocked when I was told that they had to remove almost all of the rest, they left me a piece about the size of a dime. Gee THANKS!!! The only thing they did that they said they were going to do, is the removal of the jaw bone. There was at no time any talk about removing my jugular vein, or the muscle that allows me to move my arm. Nothing about my chin being cut up or my lip. Only my neck and he drew on it to show me where the cut would be and everything. So I am somewhat still in shock by what all they did do. Well I have went on and on, I am sorry for that. What would I ever have done without all of you and your help? I shutter at the thought. I have so many questions but I really dont even know where to start. So for now I will leave it alone. Try to get some rest, RIGHT. Talk again soon, Always Miss Vicki

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics