Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Now that kind of advice from a clerk at a GNC store really pisses me off. That advice is pure
horse manure. Keep your spirits up and you will get through this just like many of us.

Best Wishes, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
dw Offline

Ditto that her thinking probably came from the book "eat right 4 your blood type" - according to that book type A's are more prone to cancers and is full of eating/diet suggestions for each of the blood types to make up for any weaknesses (based on this guy's research that is). I have an "over friendly" GNC clerk in my area who is always full of advice and has told me on or more occassions what I should/shouldn't be feeing my kids. I kind of get a kick out of her enthusiasm and how she comes off like this total expert. She's a very cheerful person and find her somewhat uplifting and entertaining so haven't (yet) taken offense. It's hard to get her to shut her trap though and my kids are always with me and get restless while we chat - guess that's why she thinks I'm feeding them the wrong foods, ha! I am sure being given that information was the very last thing your friend wanted/needed to hear so definatley in his case was unwelcomed and uneducated advice.

DW, I had a good laugh with your "shut her trap" comment! My dad uses that expression-I wonder how common it is these days. laugh

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.
dw Offline

Glad you got a chuckle - don't know where I came up with that; although am sure I was told that a time or two growing up, guess some things stay with ya. Saw my gnc clerk today -- last day of their monthly sale and she was swamped with customers so she couldn't yap as much today. She talked enough though - I came out of there with at least one extra thing I didn't plan on buying.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics