Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Dear Stephany,
I know what you are feeling. To lose your Mother is like losing part of yourself. Don't try to rush to a conclusion. I don't want to say that healing takes place, but eventually, acceptance does. It takes a very long time.
God Bless You and Yours,
Mandi

Husband diagnosed with stage III tonsil and floor of mouth cancer in August 2002. Three rounds of chemo/42 RAD treatments. Upper right lung lobectomy in March 2003. (Benign)

Hi Stephany,

I've only just read your message and my heart goes out to you and your family. Sincere condolences on the loss of your mom. Like yourself, we've just lost our beautiful sister who had surgery, chemo and radiation and was in her 3rd week of recovery. Such high hopes of a full recovery by all including the doctors! She just stopped breathing one morning. They said it was pneumonia. So hard to accept after we had the laboured breathing checked out by emmergency and her Primary Healthcare doctors for pneumonia. Keep wondering what signals we missed. We never left her side since she was diagnosed. Will never recover from this loss. She had just turned 50 and had such a positive outlook.

It gives me comfort knowing that she is in a better place with no pain, at Jesus's feet. We also asked for donations to be sent to the OCF which has been of tremendous help to us. Thx to all of you in making us more aware and better equipped caregivers.

God Bless
Emily

Caregiver to Rose: SCC Stage IV,radical neck disection, free forearm flap, 2 lymph nodes positive, Surgery on tongue - Mar05, IMRT (30) and Chemo (5)completed 8-Jun-05. Passed on 29-Jun-05 but will always be in our hearts.

JAM Offline
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

So sorry, Emily, to hear of your family's loss.Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

:
dee Offline
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Dear Stephany,
My heart and prayers go out to you, May you find the inner strength that I'm sure your Mom has willed toward you to help assist in your journey to heal!!

God Bless you and your family,

Dee

(Curently just entering the long emotional road of treatment with my Mother)

Caretaker of Mom with Unresectable stage IV SCCHN, T1-3,T4..No,N1,N2-3. IMRT daily treatment starting 8/24/05. Erbitux every week starting 8/10/05 and Cisplantin every 3 weeks times 3. Diagnoised 7/5/05 -passed and in peace now on 10/1/05
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

I am so sorry. I hope you find comfort. It will come though now it doesn't seem like it ever will.

Bless you,
Barbara~

[i]"The artist, a traveler on this earth, leaves behind imperishable traces of his being." -Fran
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Dear Friends,

It has been MONTHS since I have been in here. Thanks to Amy sending me a Private message, I came back here and saw all of your lovely messages to me. It has been a little over 4 months since my mom died and I find myself not getting any better. I am so busy with work but find myself just bursting into tears, even at my new job, which I started right after my mom passed away. I just cry at the drop of a hat, these days. I never experienced anything like this before and I appreciate all your words of support. I cant imagine the losses you all have suffered as well. And so many of you are also survivors of this awful disease and have the best attitude. That is so inspirational to me. But, I get angry at the dentist that never diagnosed the infection in her gums. I get angry at family (outside my immediate family) for not being more supportive or caring. I find myself picking up the phone to call my best friend, my mom, and then I remember she passed and I just cry. It is hard for me to concentrate at work, these days. I am so depressed and miserable and find myself having dreams of her all the time. And then I wake up and remember she is not here. I feel so alone in this. My twin sister and I both find ourselves crying a lot, but, when I go home, my house seems so empty. But your words are encouraging. What I wonder is when I am going to start to feel better. It has been 4 months and I dont feel any better. I feel even worse. I see some of you have lost spouses, siblings, and parents. It is so hard. But you all have such positive things to say, so I will try to remember your advice, when I get down. Thanks again. God Bless you all..
PS: I asked for donations from my family to OCF and some contributed, which made me very happy. OCF has been such a support to me and my family!
Love,
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Barb,

You hang in there too!!! SEnding you hugs

Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Dear OCF friends,

I just wanted to say again how much I love you all....I feel better knowing I have your support.

Love
Stephany

Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Emily,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Stephany

Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Hey Steph I was wandering about you. I dont have any words of wisdom for you. My mom and best friend has been gone 8 months and i still find myself feeling the same as you. The anger does seem to get a little better, but i do still blame the doctors. I find the hardest part for me is being strong for my dad, he just recently retired and they had so many dreams, and that breaks my heart. I find myself daily calling when he is not home just to hear my mom on the answering machine. It brings comfort just to hear her voice. In time i hope it gets easier for all of us. Something I had found recently that my mom had jotted down.

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as though
you'll die tommorow.

That is how I am now tryin to live my life.

Was Primary caregiver to my mom who had stage IV, SCC, Supraglottic with Mets to 4 nodes. Diagnosed Feb 04, died unexpectedly from complications from treatment December 17, 2004.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics