Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Hi Stephany,
I am very sorry to hear of you Mom's passing. Please acceept my deepest sympathies. I know it is a very difficult time but may your loving memories of her help you cope with your grief.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Stephany, I am so sorry for this loss in your family. Mixed in with all the saddness and as time goes on you will find peace. Your family will draw together and support each other. There probably is no short-cut through grief, it takes time. Time to remember the good times with your mother and bank upon those memories.

My thoughts are with you and your family, especially your father whom will need your hugs more than anyone.

Thank you for supporting the OCF in this way, it means a great deal.

Take care

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.

Hi Stephany,

You and your family have my condolences over the passing of your Mother. They say time heals all wounds. Like Mark said there are no shortcuts.
Try and remember all the good times you shared with your Mom. It may ease the pain somewhat.

Thank you for thinking of the Oral Cancer Foundation in sending a donation in lieu of flowers. It is very thoughtful of you and your family.

Best Wishes, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Stephany,

I am so sorry your mom is gone. I know you must be devastated. Your love for your mom shone through all your writing. Please accept my deepest sympathy. And know that your pain will lessen with time. For now, let the tears flow freely. In time, the sadness will ease and the good memories of your mom will take its place.

Thank you so much for asking for donations for OCF. I will make a donation in your mom's memory and challenge others here to do the same. For those who didn't see the post yet, we just lost another member, Smitty of Ohio. His wife Donna has posted this news on the general board. Please consider making a donation in his memory also.

Take care,
Rosie

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.

Stephany, I am very sorry to hear of your beloved Mom's passing. I don't have the right words to say to you. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Carol

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

Stephany, we are all saddened by your loss. Your generosity in asking that donations in lieu of flowers benefit OCF is appreciated and needed. I wish this were not the manner that we were receiving donations. I promise you that the money will be spent carefully and that you may look at OCF's efforts and see the memory of your mother reflected in the work that we do.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Stephany,
You have been a brave soldier during a very hard battle. I know you were a blessing to your mother, and while it may not seem so, the heartache you suffer now will ease with the passing of time. It may comfort you to know that you will never forget any of the wonderful things that made your mother 'Mom,' and that one day you will be able to share memories - with laughter - of her...and she will be laughing with you.
God bless you and your family - and my thanks, too, for your donation request.
Love,
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Stephany,
I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Having lost my dad recently, I would highly recommend grief counseling offered by hospice. They really are wonderful. In fact, they call and follow-up with me regularly, and it's truly been a big help. Grief too is a journey and it takes awhile to adjust. Slowly but surely I am confident that you will find peace, and you will always have wonderful memories of your loving mother.
I wish you and your family all of my best. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time, and really consider utilizing the support groups available to you.
D

Mom's caregvr. DDS failed to dx 01/03. Dx Stg IV SCC 05/03. Induct. chemo, IMRT, 5FU, H, Iressa, Neck disect, radiation. Dad's caregvr. Dx 01/04 Ext. Stg SCLC. Mets to liver/bone 08/04. Died 11/12/04. Mom tongue CA dx 06/13, hemiglossectomy (80% removed) 08/13. Clean margins and nodes, but PNI. 6/15/15: Tongue CA at base of remnant tongue. Declined further tx; hospice.
Died 10/13/15. What a long and difficult journey.
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Thank you so much everyone for your support. That is a great idea about grief counseling through Hospice. The nurses never told us about that. Sorry to be so brief, I am just sooo tired and sick, that I cant really type much right now. Rosie, and everyone, I am so sorry for those others that have also lost the battle with this awful disease. I am so happy to donate to OCF and have encouraged family friends to donate to OCF in lieu of flowers. Thank you all. I have received so much from this site and want to give back. Thank you. I really appreciate all the wonderful people in here i have met and how much you all have helped me. I am here for all of you as well.
Love
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Stephany-
No words can express the sorrow I feel. Over the past few weeks I have been thinking of you and sending prayers your way. I'm just sorry that I didn't follow my instinct when I passed your email address in my address book and just send you a note. I think God was trying to send me a message and I just wasn't listening. I will try to give you a call soon.

Sorry I haven't been on the OCF site regularly lately, Don has been struggling too. Hang in there...I know everyone on this site is with you in spirit and I know they speak from the heart.

You have all my love and prayers. Lorie

Lorie/wife of Don, DX:8-7-03, Tonsil cancer left side stage III, IMRT x 35, 6 chemo (Cisplatin/Taxol), clear CT Scan 12-26-2003. Mets to both lungs & AML 11-6-05, mets to brain Jan 2006, mets to liver & bones April 2006, passed away July 20, 2006.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics