Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Karen, so glad to hear that you are back working and feeling much better. I do think work is a great distraction, and you may get bored with early retirement :-) But, you could always go shopping, play cards, etc. :-) Im Jealous!! :-) I have many work years ahead before I can even utter the word "retirement". :-(

Cindy, you may not feel relieved right after you cry. I know I dont. I just finished crying for almost 2 hours. I just came home from seeing my mom and apparently, she is so tired and may not want to "fight" this "fight" anymore. But, she asked her friend to tell the family that she wants her health care management to be her choice and not ours. She just is tired and she has a CT planned MOnday and then a PET scan and then a biopsy. She is going forward, but I am going to tell her, that it is ok if she doesnt want to, that we love her. This is so hard for me....I suffer too. I know it is not my husband, as it is for you Cindy, but it is my mom and she and I have been close all my life and I love her so much. More than anything. So this is so hard on me. FOr my whole life, 40 years now, she has been my best friend..so this is devastating to me, to say the least. But this second opinion doctor has suggested these tests and she is being strong, so well see what happens.

I am glad to hear that you are still going to school. Maybe when you are feeling sad, you can pull out Torts or COntracts :-) Maybe figure out ways to cheer yourself up, such as shopping or spending time with your kids, etc. I am trying to do that now. Other things I enjoy to distract myself. Otherwise, I would be depressed 24/7. Again CIndy, I am so sorry and I am hear for you whenever you need me.
Take Care
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

CIndy,

Oops my spelling leaves little to be desired in here :-) It is almost 1 am and I meant to write "here" for you. Also, I was making a point I never finished. I think crying is good in the long runs. It keeps you from bottling up your emotions so you dont "break down" one day. My friends/family are telling me that it is good that i am crying although, I dont feel the immediate relief. I just think it is healthy to do Cindy. And it is ok to be scared. THis is a scary thing. I never thought I would be in this position, but it looks like we both are. But, there are happy endings here and happy results. So, we have to all keep the faith, right? :-)
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

CIndy
PS: I hated Property more than COntracts. Have you gotten to "Pierson v. Post" Yet? I dont think I spelled that right. It has been many years :-)
Stephany

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics