Sallie,

Just keep "talking" 'cause we're all listening. I enjoyed your other post(s) and I know this must be very difficult for you. Even with younger, healthier people it is very rough to go through all of this. Cancer in itself is very debilitating.

Heck, even almost a year since my treatment, I still lay in bed and stare sometimes. My wife has been encouraging me to get up early and make the bed. After 10 months she pointed out that I have been putting the pillows on incorrectly so I am glad we got that taken care of. Even as late as last week I had the dreaded zipper on one of the smaller ones pointing up and the whole world could see it, even though nobody (not even our children) are allowed in the bedroom! laugh I did a much better job today, I might add.

I hope you get all the answers you need to help your dad make the best possible decision. My motto is, if you don't push the doctors for info, nobody will. As busy as they get, they will address all of your questions.

Hang in there.

If you dad enjoyed reading the paper every day have you thought about having someone hold it up and let him read it or if not, having someone read it to him to keep his interests up? Just a thought.

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021