Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28789 04-04-2007 04:09 PM
OP Offline

Hello again,

I have started a new post with the results form the Dr., I hope that is acceptable.

I did see the Dr and I left without knowing too much more than I did when I went in. I did see a GP, as I have to under the insurance. The dr. was unsure if I should be refered to an ENT or an oral surgeon. Anyway here is what she found maybe you can make more sense of it htat I was able to, or not. I do have an appointment with an ENT, 4 weeks from now.
- SHe has never seen anything like the sore in my mouth, but is certin it is not a cancker or cold core.
- The lump in my neck under my jaw is a lymph node, and she found another right next to it as well as another on the other side but in a different spot, and very small.
- I have not had a cold or infection in at least 8 months.
NOthing else done, should I have had blood work or anything else? Maybe something I can expect at the ENT appointment?

Any input? Best wishes to all.

Seth

#28790 04-04-2007 06:32 PM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Waiting four weeks to get into someone is unacceptable. You should not sit still for this nonsense. You need to get that thing biopsied now. If they can't get you in, get your rear to a different doctor. You don't need a referral to see an oral surgeon or an ENT. Get on the phone tomorrow and make this happen. It may not be serious, but if it is 4 weeks is time for it to get out of hand. The first thing that you will learn from everyone here is you have to learn to be your own advocate. It is not the insurance company's or GP's life that is on the line.... it is yours. Start thinking like that and make demands to get seen. Are you willing to let a for profit HMO or insurance company impact you in a way that may let something dangerous grow into a later stage or even untreatable disease? They don't care, it's up to you. Three enlarged nodes and a sore the doctor doesn't recognize... those are some red flags.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#28791 04-05-2007 02:29 AM
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Hey Seth.
What hospital did you go to? And why no biopsy?
IF YOU WENT TO U OF W YOU WOULD NOT BE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS.
I suggest reading the 9 responses to your first post, and ask yourself. DID I LISTEN?
But I do understand the insurance issue. I sit here rotting away with cancer because I do not have any. And no money.
I pray you do not have it. But if you do, it is eating you alive, as we converse!
Get a biopsy!
Wishing you the best. PeteyB

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07
#28792 04-06-2007 09:25 AM
OP Offline

Thanks for the replies.

And yes I did go to a UW clinic. HUmmmm.....

I have alot of demads I need to make I see.

Thsanks

#28793 04-06-2007 11:29 AM

This Clinic? The one I wrote in your 1st post?

University of Wisconsin
Paul P. Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center
600 Highland Ave. k5/601
Madison, WI 53792
Appointments: 800-622-8922

www.cancer.wisc.edu/uwcc/index.asp

Did you go here Seth? Please let me know...

Good Luck, PeteyB

***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07
#28794 04-06-2007 12:08 PM
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Seth, I would get the biopsies before I worried about bloodwork or anything else. Your experience sounds a little like mine, I noticed a swollen node first. The bad thing was is the cancer didn't show up in a fine needle aspiration. This kind made me think I was all good so I didn't rush the node removal or ask for any scans before the removal which would have been really good too. Anyway, the cancer was found when my ENT removed the node and there was atleast 2 more that the cancer had metastisized to. Don;t waste any time because the more localized everything is the better chance for cure and the easier the rad treatment is on you. Atleast that is what I was told. Good luck.

PeteyB you are in my prayers my friend. That really upsets me to know you are having to sit with your DX. I'll pray real hard for you. And you to Seth. Lee

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee
#28795 04-11-2007 02:07 AM

Hey Seth.
I was thinking of you. I hope all is getting under control.Please post and keep us updated.
I need to keep fighting to get help. It's an uphill battle though.
I think I've got to write a well thought out letter of what I've been going through. Then send it to about 1,000 people in elected positions, as suggested by Brian.
Take care and Good Luck.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics