Next Thread
Print Thread
#28683 03-21-2007 04:45 AM
PeteyB Offline OP
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Hello Everyone

I just got my biopsy results. As you know, I'm cancer 101. But having been on this sight I've learned quite a lot. (Thank You)

I'm very upset right now. Not just because of the cancer, I new that was coming. What upsets me is my first biopsy on 6-1-2006. It seems to me that action should have been taken then. Not just being told it's not malignant, and caused from teeth on toungue abbration...
I'm going to give you both biopsy's. Starting with todays, then the one 8 1/2 months ago.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?
Biospy results 3-20-2007
Source of Specimen: Tongue / Essential Clinical Data: Extensive lesion. Fungating mass tongue. Note: See report dated june 1, 2006 Gross Description: Received in formalin labled only with patients name are several glistening, irregular shaped, pink-tan, mucosal tissue fragments measuring 0.6x0.3x0.2 in aggregate. Submitted in toto in one cassette.
Final Diagnosis: SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA,WELL TO MODERATELY DIFFERENTIATED, KERATINIZING, INVASIVE.
NOTE: Prior case J06-17770 was concurrently reviewed and findings of these cases have been discussed with Dr. XXXXXX. I'll put 1st biopsy in another post, as I'm not sure how much space is allowed per post. Thank You, PeteyB

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07

Very Sorry about the mistaken diagnosis. I went through that as well. I had my swollen lymph node diagnosed as the MUMPS. Given the fact that I was 50, had had all shots for mumps, an early childhood experience with mumps, and Military shots along with another series of shots for all those diseases prior to living in Bolivia for four years....still I was diagnosed with Mumps. 3+ months later they finally took a biopsy and stage 4 cancer was the diagnosis.

It is too easy to say that those things happen or too hard understand what or why a diagnosis was the way it was. The point is now that you begin the fight against what is happening in your body.

To that I give my encouragement.

Squamous cell carcinoma (Stage IV)- Base of tongue. Treatment = Radiation and chemotherapy. Diagnosed 2/15/2002
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Hi Petey,

Sorry to hear you have joined our club. You are in the right place for support. Keep us posted and fight hard.

Ask you Doctor(s) about preparing your body for the TX. They will most likely recommend extra vitamins, etc.

Take care,
Jim

T3N2aM0 SCC right oral tongue. Partial Glosectomy, Modified Neck disection for 1 Lymph Node. Dec. 2002. 35 IMRT 2003.
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

hi petey
i had squamous cell carcinoma on my tongue too it's been 3 years shows no sign of coming back yet,i am prepared if it does. mine was stage 2 and 3 cm long.i still have some problem but i'm hanging in there and u will too.i know how hard it is to fight i didn't want to but my kids and grandchildren were right there with me and still r i'm in akron ohio hit me up any time

lynnlynn

linda anderson
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

information from the previous postings on this topic is available at this closed thread http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/3/t/000432.html#000008

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR NEWS ,I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ..I WAS ALSO MIS-DIOGNOSED SUPPOSE THESE THING HAPPEN AND NOT A LOT WE CAN DO ....ONLY REMAIN POSITIVE AND PLOD ON GOD BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU STRENGH TO FIGHTTHIS MONSTER ...TAKE CARE PRAYERS YOUR WAY...MAZ

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics