Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27808 10-17-2005 08:11 AM
s.a.c. Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Everyone,

I said I would update on what was going on and here it is.

ENT app't today. He confirmed that there is a lump in my cheek and a swollen node in my neck on the same side.
So he is sending me back for another MRI with contrast of my neck and head. Is not sure what it is and wants another MRI with the contrast. The last MRI did not do the neck and the radiologist never gave me the contrast when he was supposed to! Once he takes a look at these hopefully he'll be able to see what's what.
I'm just feeling tired of all this rigarmole and want some answers! It will be 2 weeks already since the first MRI. I'm having the second one done on Wednesday the 19th.
Thanks for letting me vent. I'll keep you all updated as this thing unfolds.
Warm Regards,
Sherry

#27809 10-17-2005 09:47 AM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

I'm surprised that a simple fine needle biopsy wasn't done of the node at this appointment. It would have been no big deal. Also if the first rx for the mri stated contrast and it wasn't done, that doesn't instill confidence., They should do the second one at no charge, as this will likely bring up a flag with your insurance company that you will have to argue about. Sorry to hear that you are going in circles right now. Remember to be your own advocate in all this. You are not out to win any popularity contests here, you are out to get answers. Do what you have to to ensure that you get them promptly.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#27810 10-18-2005 02:14 AM
s.a.c. Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank You! for echoing my feelings. It's hard to get over that feeling of being in the prinicpal's office. I'm thankful that my insurance is top notch and should not be a problem as they will be doing the MRI with the neck this go around. However if there is an issue someone will pay and it won't be me.
I will bring up the Fine needle biospy when I go back as from what I can gather through various sources this would be the next logical step.

Warm Regards,
Sherry

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37