Im sorry if I was NOT suppose to start another subject or not but I wanted to make sure this was seen by Brian Hill. I have been on the internet most of yesterday and today and have read all postings. I remembered the ENT told me that what I have looks like a pappiloma. Ofcourse I had to look this up and it says it is a benign growth. However, there is this HPV that I am reading about that states that this can be the cause of some oral cancers. Since I am not a smoker and very limited drinker, it would seem that I can possibly have HPV apparently 20 million people have it, most dont know they do and there are over 100 strains with only a few causing oral and cervical cancers. Back in June I had my annual pap test, then in Dec had another one and was told I have a nabothian cyst (benign) and was referred to my Gyno for a thin prep pap and was told all was normal. I know this is probably a stretch, and may even sound silly, but here goes. If my paps come back normal, is it a good chance that I dont have HPV so therefore, this round, smooth, soft lump on the side/back of my tongue may very well be benign? I also have read when doing the PAPS they do not screen for HPV unless you have abnormal cells, which at this point the reason why isnt as important as taking care of the problem so that one does not develop cervical cancer. I know Im going around the boat with all this info. just wanted to make sure I got it all in this posting. My mind has been taking on a life of its own, during my bloodwork a week ago, my Alkaline Phosphatase has come back high 148 which can be liver problems (Hep A,B,C) or metasitic bone cancer. I have had two breast biopsies done in Jan. on right breast, told fibroid adenomas, but now Im just questioning everything. I also have a nodule on my thyroid and on my thyroid panel with bloodwork last week my T3 uptake came up low. You really can drive yourself nuts with all this stuff cant you? Again thanks in advance to all those who respond and thank you Brian for this incrediblem, most informative board. Youre an amazing person, just like everybody else here. I wish you all nothing but the best. (OK how do I use the smileys) LOL