I am waiting for a call from an oral surgeon for an appt for a biopsy of an ulcer that I've had in my throat for about five months now. Although there has been no change in the size of it, I did spit blood up three weeks ago, and then vomited blood a few days later. After an endoscopy I was told I have grade II esphagitis, gastritis and a sliding hiatal hernia, which I was given medicine for. The gastro doctor told me the bleeding was probably caused from the errosion in my stomach. All along I've been trying to get different doctors and my dentist to see this ulcer, but none could until this past wednesday when I went back to my dentist and finally was able to make him see it. Now I'm terrified that because I've had it for so long that if it is cancer, that it's probably spread a lot. I'm also getting night sweats (both day and night) where I sweat profusely and then get cold chills right after....my doctor told me this was menopause. I am very upset at all the doctors I saw and my dentist for not being more thorough and at myself too, for not being persitent enough. Can anyone out there give me some hope?