Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Dear Renee - I know how scared you are. When my son was first diagnosed, the the oral surgeon that the dentist had sent him to was the one that made the appointment with the ENT for a week later but I just couldn't bear having to wait a week for that appointment and told my son I would make it for an earlier time to which he agreed. I just didn't know how I was going to be able to hold myself together on the phone to make myself understandable but I knew I had to do it. Just then my son's ex wife called and I knew he wouldn't be too happy to have his ex wife involved so I went into the bathroom (so he wouldn't hear me) and explained things to her and told her I was so worried and scared and wanted him to see the doctor. Well, she has always been a very good talker and she offered to make the call. She got the appointment for sooner and I was so very grateful to her! She even "let" the doctor think that she was still married to my son and whatever she told the doctor worked because she got him the appointment for the very next business day! You've gotten some really good ideas above, Renee. So whatever you have to do or say - please do get to the doctor. And stay in touch and let us know what is happening with you.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

Lisa,

Yes, you are right that geographic tongue could very well be Renee's problem as well as the papillae on the back of the tongue.

Hoping Renee checks back in here and that she has already been seen.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users