Vitaminsea,

Just read your post. My husband was diagnosed in late Sept. with stage iv tonsil cancer which had spread to a lymph node on the same side. The lymph node was > 6 cm. He underwent radiation on a tomotherapy machine, chemo (Cisplatin & Carboplatin), and had a radical neck dissection in March. I had our first child in Nov. A blessing at the time. Jon (my husband) is now 36. Never smoked and drank very little. Simply had a lump on his neck that his doctor and ENT let go for 9 months before taking it out and doing a biopsy. Hhmmm...

He never got a feeding tube and fought through the treatments. Lost about 40 lbs. He packed it on prior to treatment. The week after radiation was complete was his most trying. He was very sick. However, he is not doing very well. Back at work full time and is teaching karate again. He has had one follow-up and has another June 25. We both get really nervous about these. So far, they just poke and prod him, no scans, which makes me very uncomfortable.

Just wanting to touch base. If you have ANY questions at all, please feel free to contact me!! We wish you all the best.

Ann