Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20130 04-05-2006 07:58 PM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Anyone care to maybe do some live chatting via Yahoo? Sometimes some of us have a need that we would like addressed "NOW". Post here and let me know.

Thanks

#20131 04-06-2006 04:43 PM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

You are too new a participant to have been part of the discussions that we have had here over the last 4 years about having a chat function. We have elected not to because once the session is over, the valuable information that is exchanged (which can be accessed by people not involved in the original discussion later) goes with it. While I encourage people to have all the private conversations they want, (emails, phone, etc.) the message board is the way it is for a reason.... and it is all real time. You post, and the world reads it seconds later.

The fact of the matter is that if you look at the recent visitors block on the main page, the odds are that there are few people in a time zone that can engage in this with you on the OCF site right when you wish to. This requires scheduling a time to meet in a chat room. If there is something that you need to know immediately, it makes me feel like your treatment team should be involved in something that urgent. There are people here (me included) that would be happy to talk with you on the phone if you really needed to sort out an idea on short notice before an appointment etc.

Remember that there are tens of thousands of archived messages on the board. Using the search function (there is one just for the message board and another for the main web site) it is likely that what you are interested in knowing has been discussed here at one time or another. It

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23