Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Snfan Offline OP
OP Offline

It's been 10 months since sexual encounter. It was a random..

And I've been experiencing some things... I used to have a sore throat but it went away...I guess that could be attributed to the crazy wether here..no that it's passed my soretjhrat has left.

However I have 2 lumps on the inside of my cheek., Also a scalloped tongue and I'm watching to see if it gets more pitted and develops a lesion and I have a redness on the side of my tongue near ....and I also just noticed like a red line on the soft palate of my cheecks..

**** However, I've been to a Dr (when I had my sore throat but I didn't have the redness on the side of my tongue ) the Dr said he didn't see anything lumpy ( this was 9 most after sexual encounter) ...

Later I saw a ENT ( he used an endoscopy) looked at my throat and voice box and there were no lumps...
This was like a few weeks ago...

But bc of the red tongue and stuff , and the red line on the soft palatte and the lumps( which the ent said we're salivary glands...but I just don't think they are)

I'm still unsure.

I'm gonna go to a dentist soon and he'll be able to see if I have Oral HPV.

Also wouldn't I have some sort of lumps after 10 months?

Idk I also don't experience other symptoms like trouble swallowing, no lump in my neck, no hoarse voice ect.

These are it.

Do u think I have HPV?

Snfan Offline OP
OP Offline

Another thing that concerns me is I have marks on my body ( probably a derm thing ) but I have like red brown spots on my leg ...

And also just now a red spot developed on my lower lip just now. Like right now.

Idk if it's bc sometimes I bite it by accident..idk

Last edited by Snfan; 04-29-2018 12:47 PM.
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Welcome to OCF!

As of this time there are no reliable HPV tests for men. Women who get pap smears have the sample tested for HPV. Our site is made up of oral cancer patients/survivors and their caregivers. We would not be able to diagnose you or anyone else over the internet. Our site is dedicated to helping oral cancer patients and caregivers. From what you wrote, Im not sure if our site is the best place for you.

I can give you some basic HPV info. OCF helps to fund research being done to learn more about HPV. So much more is unknown about HPV than is known. Most of the adult population will at some point have HPV and never have any serious medical issues from it. Those who contract HPV can have it lay dormant in their bodies for many years without ever having a problem. HPV is an STD but the jury is still out about other, more casual ways people can get HPV. Most people who have HPV do not have any symptoms or ill effects, their bodies clear the HPV without incident. There are well over 200 different strains of HPV. Only a very few are the ones that may go on to cause serious health concerns. Take those couple of strains, its usually only #16 that can go on to cause cancer. But, not everyone who has HPV+ #16 will ever develop cancer or any other serious illness. If your a numbers type person, I believe around 80% of the US population contracts HPV, less than 5% of those who have the #16 strain ever end up having cancer caused from being HPV+.

As far as your other ailments I dont know if there is any link to being HPV+ or if they are a sign of any serious medical condition. You may want to make an appointment with your family doctor to review your latest issues to see if you have anything else happening that could be related to your medical history. For more info about HPV just click on any of the blue HPV's where you will go to the main OCF site to our HPV section.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
Snfan Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah but I don't know where else to go. I'm afraid I may have oral HPV. Bc of the redness that may be an ulcer on the side of my tongue...redness on the side of my tooth and two lumps on the insides of my cheecks.

I'm really scared I'm gonna develop cancer.

Im very sorry you are feeling upset! I suggest learning more about HPV as I suggested in my previous post. As I also pointed out in my previous post, it takes ALOT to end up with the exact strain of HPV that is cancer causing. Then even if someone has the correct strain, its still pretty unlikely it will ever go on until it causes oral cancer. Often newly diagnosed HPV+ oral cancer patients are over 35 with the HPV virus laying dormant in their body for many years before causing their cancer which often has no symptoms at all. I have not ever seen an oral cancer patient describe seeing spots appear out of the blue while the person was looking in the mirror before or having other spots on their body, which is why I do not think you have anything our group can help you with. Please understand, Im NOT a doctor and neither are our members, we are a group of oral cancer patients and caregivers without medical backgrounds, training, schooling etc. Just like with any illness, if you are concerned you have something wrong, the best place to go is to your doctor.

Call your family doctor and start there. You sound like you are young enough to be able to get the guardisil shot to protect you from ever going thru anything like this. I think it has changed from being 3 shots to only 2 shots given a couple months apart. Your family doc should be able to give you the guardisil shots if you are under 26 years old. If they arent able to diagnose you then they should send you to the right doctor, maybe an ENT or oral surgeon?

Jopefully what you have is nothing serious. Good luck!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma