Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I think I might have throat cancer I have a lump on each side of back of throat behind where my tonsils would be (had them removed many years ago) along with rising red bumps on my tongue. I have a pic but don't how to upload it.

Ashley

Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Welcome to OCF! Have you gotten checked by a professional yet? I suggest seeking out an ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer patients. The ENT would be more familiar with any abnormalities including cancer that can happen in someones mouth. Try not to get ahead of yourself, it may be nothing serious. There are all kinds of other possibilities besides cancer. Some common mouth issues can be brought on by stress, vitamin deficiency or even hormones. One thing to remember is anytime you have a sore or lump that does not come and go, if its been there for more than 2 weeks, it should be checked by a professional.

If you smoke or use any form of tobacco, quit immediately and allow your mouth time to heal. Avoid all alcohol or anything that could irritate your mouth.

Posting a photo wouldnt help us to help you. Our site is made up of patients/survivors and caregivers without medical backgrounds. We have not had years of medical school, or years of patient experience we have experience by facing oral cancer and going thru treatments. Even medical professionals need to take a biopsy to determine exactly what something is. They may have a hunch what something is but they usually need a biopsy to confirm a cancer diagnosis.

Make an appointment and get checked out. Hopefully its nothing serious. Please let us know how it turns out. Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma