I am very excited to have read the following article dealing "Voice transplants' one step closer after scientists grow human vocal chords". There is still a lot more research to be done before any clinical trials on humans but I am very happy to hear this in the news since my husband lost his right vocal cord due to cancer and left his voice hoarse sounding and no volume, it is like he has laryngitis all the time. (We laugh at some of the comments people us.) He stepped down from his job this summer because he knew his voice was not what he knew it needed to be for public speaking. Life is good though, I love having him home everyday!! And the plus side is all the extra things he is getting done around the house with home improvements now that he has extra time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...ts-grow-human-vocal-chords-a6739516.html

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.