Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

HI Pam, You Make me miss Arkansas. I loved it at this time of year. I won't get any snow here in Florida. I'm on a soft diet. You might want to add
that when talking about what to eat. I eat bake
potatoes, sweet potatoes and baby food. Lots of
Ice Cream.
Cathy

Cathy

SCCA Stage IV diagnosed 01/90
base of tongue with 1/2 removed.
With neck resection, radiation and chemo

Hi,

I am new to this site and am my Mom just had a partial glossectomy. She is 83 and the surgery went well. They did not do any node removal. It seems that most of your posts state this 2nd step.. Her CAT and Pet were neative

Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Hi Pam, Welcome. I am also and educator who has has experienced a bought with cancer. A positive attitude will get you everywhere. You wanting to get an education in a field you feel strongly about due to a personal experience gives you a real incentive to persue your career. It is never to late to get an education. It is something you will not regret. You will find that now that you have a purpose, school won't be as difficult. There is a nutritionist from the University of Wisconsin who has published a cook book entitled Easy to Chew Easy to Swallow. I purchased it and it has great reciptes, in addition to many very helpful suggestions for persons who have had oral surgery and radiation. I notice you live in Arkansas. It is a beautiful state. My son lives in Berryville. I visit your state when ever I can. Some advise for your education. Don't take a full load (15 credits) at first. I would suggest 12 at the most. Take your classes at a junior college where you are in a classromm with a teacher. THat enables you to ask questions and participate in a discussion. Classes on line are not very personable and neither are classes that are presented on a TV monitor. Best of Luck. If you are interested in the name of the nutritionist who wrote the cookbook let me know. Hacklene

Hacklene
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

hello everyone, my name is lenny, glad I found you folks. i have been recently treated for cancer of the tonsil, I have completed 33 radiation and 3 chemo sessions, I will be having a neck dissection on wed jan 11, my cancer had already spread to lymph nodes before treatment began, in fact that is how I found out was through that lymph node, sure am scared. hope that there are some long term survioors out there who can give me a boost, sure need it, e-mail me please [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics