My 23 year old daughther started having abnormal pap smears approx one year ago. Then she had a pap that showed CIN 1 in July. The doctor told her to have another pap smear in 6 months. I was in the middle of radiation so I wasn't much help to her in making any decisions, but I do remember her telling me that she didn't feel good about the doctor she was seeing. I told her to change and she did. She went and had a biopsy, again, and it came back showing CIN 3. Her new doctor brought us in and told us that he wanted to do a cone biopsy. He said that he hoped he was just a really great biopsy man and had taken out the worst section on her cervix (the CIN3) rather then it be that there was alot of CIN 3 on her cervix. Does that make sense? He told us that best case scenario he would find CIN 1,2 or 3 and he would remove it and watch her closely for two years, with pap smears every 3 months for the first year, then twice a year after that. If he found cancer she would be looking at a hysterectomy depending on how involved it was. She had the cone biopsy the Friday before Thanksgiving and the biopsy should be here tomorrow. Have any of you ever dealt with anything like this before?

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.