I know how difficult this is and sometimes it takes longer than a few weeks for some people to really begin to do better. My husband's mucousitis went on and on and it smelled really bad as well. He did have the suction machine but it would get clogged and he'd legitimately need help with it. He drooled as well. Your post brought back memories of me sitting by an open window in December just to breathe air that didn't smell awful. I don't really think it was bad oral hygiene on his part but just extreme and long-lasting mucous but I was scared as are you that it meant infection. At the point when I had expected things to get better they just seemed worse in many ways. But,it does get better so hang in there and use this forum as a place to vent and to get support for you!

Sophie T.

CG to husband: SCC Stage 4, T4, N1, M0; non-smoker and very light social drinker; HPV+
induction chemo begun 7/07; chemo/radiation ended 10/10, first cat scan clear; scan on 5/9/08 clear, scan on 10/08 clear; scan 1/09 clear; scan 1/10 clear; passed away July 2, 2016