Hellion, I totally get what you're saying although I have had no chemo with my rads. Up till last night it was pretty trouble-free but now the nausea - mild unlike yours - is taking the edge off life.

A low point last night was when a new neighbour called in to borrow a bottle opener and I absent-mindedly opened the door without my dental plate in and with one side of my red and swollen face covered in aqueous cream.

I haven't had the thick mucous yet ... with 6 treatments to go that might be in front of me but I'll be prepared.

And taste. As someone here said, that went quite quickly in mid-week 4.

I look forward to reading your documentation of your journey. The cancer building where I get treated is like an unwritten novel ... must be full of so many heartfelt stories.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.