Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#177294 02-05-2014 04:15 PM
Sharaby Offline OP
OP Offline

First of all I would like to introduce my self, I'm Mostafa and I hope I can get to meet some nice and cool support on here for the future. I started having symptoms in my throat around my tonsil area where I would feel pain and I always feel it in my ear, My left tonsil and ear that is. I went to many ENT's in Egypt but the level of technology is very Limited so diagnosis was pretty hard to do. I'm back in the states after 2 good years in Egypt studying. Since June I've been having pain in my left throat area and ear. I get head pressure from time to time, and if I'm in a car I get dizzy spells and head pressure a lot. I've been feeling very fatigue lately. Recently past month I've been having constant pain in my left side of the throat and ear. I went to the ER couple times, did ct scans, they show just sinus disease and one time it showed Scattered Shotty Nodes. My WBC Keeps going up and down pretty strange. Sometimes high some tims back to normal then back to high. The ER doctor told me your tonsils look fine, just some small bumps on them. Today I was pushing back againt my tonsil towards my throat and felt like a pointy bone, and it was then I felt the localized pain. I now know where the pain is coming from. What is that bone called? the bone behind the tonsil in your throat. I checked my other right of my throat where I don't have pain to see if that bone is also there and it is but no where near as big as the one on my left side. I have an appointment with the ENT in 1 month and I'm so bothered by this because this has been growing in pain steadily for past 6 months. I did many blood tests, always come back normal just WBC a little high. I used to smoke for 10 years but I quit back in May 2013. I'm 27 male lately been feeling very fatigued and now the bone pain feeling in my throat all the time that annoys the heck out of my left ear. My voice gets hoarse all the time to as well. any help?

Last edited by Sharaby; 02-05-2014 04:33 PM.
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Welcome to OCF. I see you joined back in October and already posted a few times back then. Im sorry to see your issues are still unresolved. Hopefully your ENT appointment will get to the bottom of your symptoms and they will be nothing serious.

As far as what bone you are referring to, I have no idea. This forum is made up of oral cancer patients (like myself) and their caregivers, we do not have medical backgrounds. That said, you could probably do a detailed search on the internet to find out the name of the exact bone you are talking about. There could be a member here ( or maybe not?) who would know the bone you are trying to identify but it would probably be much quicker to find it yourself online.

Oral cancer will not be detected with a blood test. OC is diagnosed thru having a biopsy. Being you are young, if it would be cancer you should get thru it easier than someone who is elderly.

Make sure you advocate for yourself at your appointment and insist on a thorough exam. Point out the spot that bothers you. If you are in alot of discomfort, call the ENTs office and ask if they can move up your appointment, or if there are any cancellations. Best wishes with your upcoming appointment.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi Sharaby - I too have no idea what your problem is, but am interested in hearing what you find out from upcoming doctor visits.

I did notice your comment about getting dizzy when in a car. I know it will sound obvious, but I hope you can pull over and not have to drive when a dizzy spell arrives. My professional career was in the field of safety, so I notice things like that really quick and can't stay quiet even though others may.

Good luck with your treatment, keep us posted on the results.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users