Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Senior Patient Advocate

Not a dentist here but I would resist puncturing and scaping bumps in your mouth. Let your body heal these things the way it's genetically programmed to respond and when that doesn't work then seek the advice of a trained healthcare professional. Try an ENT for another opinion.

And also QUIT as in NEVER EVER USE TOBACCO AGAIN. There are many many people that can never complain again about quiting because
they are dead from tobacco.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
dsing Offline OP
OP Offline

I know it's stupid to be touching and fooling w/my mouth....I just get really anxious. I had wanted to see if the white would come off. Anyway, any thoughts on the area that has a transparent spot?...Brian, if you're available? Of course, I know people here can't make a firm diagnosis....just your thoughts. Something that could steer me in some type of direction, relieve my mind or indicate I should see an ENT asap. I was hoping to wait 10 days or so to see what it's like then. Thank you for all your input!!! Also, the drilling me about quitting smoking helps....I'm cutting back right now....and do hope to quit ASAP.

Last edited by dsing; 08-11-2012 09:03 AM.

Dsing: The way I see it, you have two choices:

1) You could wait a few days and see how your body heals the area in question. Don't poke at it. You might make it worse. OR

2) You could cut down on a LOT of anxiety if you get yourself to an ENT or an oral surgeon who has experience with oral cancer. The sooner you do it, the sooner you can relieve the anxiety you are experiencing.

It could very well be nothing serious, but I don't do anxiety very well, so if it were me I would pick #2. And PLEASE quit the tobacco. Just DO it!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

dsing Offline OP
OP Offline

For anyone's input on possibilities....today the area is a small spot like a translucent bubble (pimple) on the lingual frenulum near the gum area. It seems to be less irritated with less white around it.

It seems as though I have seen this before....and that it has come and gone???? But, I can't remember. Christine has said that if I have had issues for a few years that I would have noticed some noticeable problems within that time frame.

I'm nervous about finding out what it is....really nervous. We only seem to have a few ENT's in our area.

Last edited by dsing; 08-12-2012 06:52 AM.

My advice is also to go see a doctor or a dentist who can look at your oral lesion. But since you just want "possibilities", here is a link to almost all of them with pictures
A Guide to Common Oral Lesions
Or a nice powerpoint in Pdf
Lumps & Bumps 101
I'm sympathetic here but really you need to see a doctor or dentist or you will drive yourself crazy

Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13
Senior Patient Advocate
Senior Patient Advocate

1. Stop looking at it;

2. Stop trying to diagnose it;

3. Stop violating it;

4. Make an appt w/ an ENT first thing tomorrow; and

5. Stop using tabacco....cutting back is not quitting. Telling yourself that you will NEVER use tobacco EVER again and following thru is the ONLY definition of quitting acceptable.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
dsing Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the links. Yes, I am going to go crazy!!! I can see where there are too many possibilities to give me some type of indication here. I'm just nervous!!!

Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

D,

your nervous reaction is actually hurting your immune system due to hormone response. Chill the f out, take the steps David laid out for you above as it's all you can do. Worry, stress, obsessing is just going to hurt you physically, mentally and emotionally. Get a Xanax or ask a hippie friend for a brownie and watch some cartoons dude, or Pineapple Express, whatever takes your mind off of it until you get answers.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
dsing Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, I'm a little shocked by this last reaction to my posts. Some info. is helpful, but I'm not about to take anything to put me in a zombie zone. I've noticed other posters have been very anxious too, so it's not unusual.

D,

I'll apologize as you don't know my sense of humor nor posting style...lighten up is the message

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users