Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Erik Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

Hello all,
The first mobile app for the OCF is currently underway and we would like to ask for your input to make sure that it has all of the tools and support that a patient and caregiver needs. Below you will find a brief description of the current functions of the app. Please take a look at the current list and then let us know if there are other features or tools that you would like to see. There may not be room for all suggestions in this first version, but they will all be filed away for future versions.

I hope that you find this mobile app useful, I look forward to hearing your ideas.

This app will have many of the features of the OCF website that survivors and caregivers currently use, but in mobile format. This app will be tied directly to the OCF website and users will be able to log in or new users will be able to make an account. Instead of trying to emulate every piece of the OCF website this app will be geared more towards tools, info, and support for patients, caregivers, and survivors.

What the app will include- from OCF website--

Survivor Patient Forum- This will allow you to access the patient/survivor forum from the mobile app.

Events
Oral Cancer News
Diagnosis
Treatment

There will also be a several tools for patients and caregivers as well.

Medications tracker - This will allow you to enter in all medications that the patient is taking and set alarms to notify you of upcoming doses. This information will be logged for easy reference for appts.

Nutrition and Water Intake Tracker- allows users to input descriptions, volumes, times and nutritional information. This information will be logged for easy tracking of nutritional information.

Talk for Me - specifically designed for the Oral cancer patient that will meet the speaking needs immediately after surgery and during rough phases of treatment. It will allow users to select simple phrases or choose their current pain level from the standard pain scale. These messages can either be played aloud or sent to their caregiver, via text message.

Notes- Users can quickly write down questions for their treatment team or to remember an important note.

Contacts- A place to store contact information related to your care

We appreciate all your support and look forward to hearing all your great ideas. I also want to give a special thanks to Brian, Chester, Jaime and Eric who are all working hard to help bring this great tool to you soon!

Erik Bradstreet

Type and stage of cancer:1st - SCC left base of oral tongue non HPV, T3N1M0 hemi-glossectomy 60 node rem, radX35 carboplatnum &Erbitux X6, Peg tube, lost 55 lbs
2nd - SCC right base oral tongue, surgery, Cisplatin & Erbitux x 16
3rd - SCC right base oral tongue, surgery, hope.
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Will it have a way to be able to use the search function? How about the PM feature?

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
Erik Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Christine. The goal is to have as much functionality that you currently use. I appreciate your input.

Erik

Type and stage of cancer:1st - SCC left base of oral tongue non HPV, T3N1M0 hemi-glossectomy 60 node rem, radX35 carboplatnum &Erbitux X6, Peg tube, lost 55 lbs
Senior Patient Advocate
Senior Patient Advocate

Will it have a link to my picture?

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
Erik Offline OP
OP Offline

Hadn't thought of that, but thanks for the suggestion, wink

OCF Founder
OCF Founder

Yes David we will showcase you there, but I haven't decided what we will say under your picture� I think EricS will have some interesting suggestions.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

We are going more for daily functionality that you might use on a phone or pad. Daily nutrition /calorie intake tracker, daily meds tracker, contact list for all those you need to connect with while in treatment from doctors to insurance people, a calendar function for all your treatment scan and follow up appointments.

This app is not going to be designed as a substitute for the web site, nor a duplication of it. It is to help patients with utilities that will keep them on track during a difficult journey. This is more of a group of tools vs. an interface to information on the site.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

This is really, really awesome � having all that important info as close as your phone when going to appointments or anyplace else that requires updated info. How about a link to:

1) OCF Project: �Oral Cancer - - Getting through it Together� Is that still around? I have it on my iPhone home screen� (good reading for anyone having to wait in the Rad Waiting room or anyplace else).
2) OCF Store
3) Amazon link thru OCF
4) List of upcoming Awareness events with calendar
5) Pics of founder and administrators

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

I love this idea! I wish this was around when my mom was going through surgery and treatments. It sounds like a great way to keep all your information stored in one easy to access place!

Amy CG to mom Janet - diag w/ early SCC 8/11-surg w/ rad neck dissect & graft from arm/thigh 9/11-evid in nodes tx 6 wks rads (5/wk) w/cistplatin (1/wk for 6 wks) began 11/11-wk or 2 break 12/11 due to severe side effects-done 1/12- 3/23/12 mets to liver lung bone-hospice 4/7/12-lost fight 4/22/12

This is an EXCELLENT idea!!! I need to upgrade my old clunker of a cell phone and get something hi-tech so I can do 'aps'.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma