Print Thread
#149795 05-20-2012 05:22 PM
"OCF across the pond"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
"OCF across the pond"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Hello Folks it CubanKeith.
I am gettin nervous 8 teeth out chemo starts soon 7 days?
Unless I can run off to a Cuban beach drink Mojitos and be saved with Blue Scorpion Venom?? Has any one used this product or is it a false hope?
Any help on how I create my running treatment Footnote?
Still trying to keep a sense of humour or perspective .
I am taking names for the Cuba trip.
My better half is from Havana and I love Cuba.
I saw USA beat Cuba in an Olympic Qualifier in Havana back in 2007 and was allowed to cheer on USA so keep chatting my American friends.

21st March squall cells.Endescopy not oesophagus, ENT .April endo nose CAT MRI general Panendoscopy prim-HPV 16 base of left tongue one node-stage 2.23rd of May.14/5/12 9 teeth out.8/6/12 PICC inserted.11/6/12 1st Chemos 25/6/12 2nd Chemo Cisplatin5FU:27/6/12 PEG23/8/12 Radiation finished 1/9/12.
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services

To add a signature, click on the My stuff tab. On the drop down menu, select profile. Scroll to the bottom and type what you want in the white box and click submit.

I hope you are joking about blue scorpion venom!!! That one I dont even have to check the Quackwatch about.... ITS BOGUS!!!! The only way to get rid or your cancer is thru surgery or radiation with or without chemo. Anything else is wishful thinking and will not work.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile

Cuban Keith

I understand why you would be tricked by Blue Scorpion venom since it is Cuba's major fake cancer cure. CNN ran a story about it back in 2003 and the websites keep touting it.
Suddenly this year, the Cuban government is so desperate for money that it is selling a holistic version of the "cure" thru it's government laboratories to China and Albania and St. Lucia. Here is the full story and excerpts
Cuba's fake cancer cure
[quote]Over the past several weeks promotion of the newly licensed Cuban anti-cancer medication Vidatox has been evident. The venom from the Cuban scorpion Rhopalurus junceus is the base for this supposed cancer treatment, and the manufacturer has received permission from the Chinese and Albanian governments to distribute the remedy in those countries. The treatment was previously only available in Cuba but they are now seeking licensure and distribution opportunities abroad, including, we must assume, Canada and Mexico (due to the US embargo, Vidatox could not be imported into the US). It remains, however, a dubious and dangerous treatment that is worth our skeptical attention and we must remind our governments and regulatory agencies that its sale should not be allowed.[/quote]
[quote]There is research into the venom of R. junceus and its components, and it may indeed have anti-tumoral properties that deserve further research. This paper available on the Cuban digital library system Infomed, as well as PubMed, describes the effects of the venom on molecular and cellular systems, including mouse models. There are other papers to be found on Pubmed also describing the qualities of the scorpion venom, but this interesting research becomes immediately irrelevant when we look closer at the Vidatox product.
[/quote]
[quote]Vidatox is a homeopathic preparation at the 30CH potency. As such, it defies the basic principles of chemistry and physics that we all know well. We do not need to reiterate the poor reasoning of homeopaths here as homeopathy has been covered enough on this site for readers to understand its fantastical nature. The chance of the presence of a single molecule of any of the 5 proteins said to be the active ingredients in the product is extremely low. Even more, as this is an oral medication, the chance of the proteins making it though the gut would be zero, if they were even present[/quote].
For the very first time I am glad the United States has an embargo on importing cuban goods or visiting Cuba. Otherwise many many cancer patients would be tricked into visiting the fake cuban clinics or order it.
Of course, like most totally bogus cures, this one purports to work on every type of cancer.
Thanks for giving me the chance to warn OCF members about the newest fraud and false hope.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 05-21-2012 11:04 AM. Reason: toned it down

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13

Moderated by  Brian Hill