Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
EricS Offline OP
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline

That's right people...I'm putting together a team for the San Antonio Walk!!!

We will be competing with the other hapless...err...teams attending the walk in our fundraising efforts! I invite ANY OCF or Facebook friends attending who are not already on a team to join mine! As everyone wants to be a winner, this is your chance to join and help CRUSH the other teams...and or cancer smile

Here is a link to my teams support page, if you can't make it, join the team as a sponsor!

http://donate.oralcancer.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&eventID=508&teamID=5041

Game On Elizabeth!

Last edited by EricS; 01-31-2012 05:57 PM. Reason: :)

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!

The owner of the pharmacy in town, who's my pharmacist, just messaged me and her and one of her employees are joining my team and flying down to the walk to be my Roadies!!

These guys watched me go through my ordeal and were so awesome and amazing to my family as we walked through hell. They may even have another couple of my dear friends coming up to join the effort!!

Elizabeth, let the other teams know they got some competition comin to Texas! Representin Idaho STYLE!!!

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 02-02-2012 12:00 AM.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

Here is a link to my personal support page. It shares a bit of my story and has a current picture of me and a short video of me just after my mandiblectomy.

http://donate.oralcancer.org/participant/statler

If you're going to be coming to the San Antonio Walk feel free to join my team! If you can't make it and wish to show support feel free to donate, it's easy and secure through the link above. I'm excited to be able to share my story, it will actually be the first time I've ever done so entirely. It's going to be a wild ride I'm sure.

Brian, Elizabeth thank you for the opportunity to participate and help support OCF!

EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

As many of you who've read my post for years know, I'm "REALLY" competitive. I view most of the things in life as a competition, and set personal goals to challenge myself. That fire has served me well throughout my life allowing me to accomplish things I'm very proud of.

I set a goal to build the #1 fundraising team for the San Antonio Walk and be the top individual fundraiser for the event. According to the Event home page I'm currently in the lead in the team category and #2 in the individual category in just over a week of getting it rolling.

I'm throwing down a gauntlet to anyone else attending the walk as I believe friendly competition pushes people to higher heights. If you are attending or raising $ for the walk take this as my challenge to you to beat me. So bring it and let's make a difference!

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 02-11-2012 02:02 PM.

OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

The gauntlet has been thrown...is there anyone to pick it up?

Currently my team, the coolest team in the country, made up of elite, specially trained, fundraising ninjas known as Team Edward and or Jacob, is blowing up the competition! We are currently the top fundraising team...not just in San Antonio but all of the registered teams currently on Donor Drive from all of the walks around the country. As their captain, setting the standard I'm also the #1 fundraiser with 6 weeks left to go. It's lonely at the top...

Now I know Elizabeth is a fighter and won't stand by while a simple hick from N. Idaho is out proving that not everything is bigger in Texas, namely donations, however she's getting the WWE Smack Down right now. Now I know I need a good whoopin, and I was "hoping" someone in Texas had big enough boots to fill the order...and where there's still hope there, I'm throwing the gauntlet down across the country! Challenging anyone to bring it and beat me in raising donations!

That's right people, the smack talkin is alive! Where I'll keep it civil, fun and playful! I believe that healthy competition pushes us to do great things, and this is for a great cause as we all know!

So here's you opportunity to join or support my team, OR to teach me a little humility (which I think is more fun! but maybe impossible...), either way let the games ROLL ON!!!

"Sparky" aka Eric

Last edited by EricS; 02-29-2012 02:53 PM. Reason: always spelling

EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

It is a sad sad day! I'm officially getting beat by a girl! And not just any girl, but Elizabeth Sikon, the ruthless competitor from Texas who's pulling out all the stops to try and beat me!

OK time to regroup and strategize on how to beat someone impossibly better looking than I am! It's time to pull out the Puppy Dog Face....crap, half of it broke after my first surgery....Batman Mask!!! Batman is always the answer!

EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

"When I think about my story it�s not a personal success story in a singular sense�but a family success story. I would love to stand in front of everyone flexing my muscles and saying how much of a badass I am for beating stage IV metastatic cancer, but I�d be lying. I wouldn�t be standing in front of you without my wife, family and friends picking me up and carrying me to the other side. The only thing I can say I�ve done is stay alive and put one foot in front of the other everyday while everyone around me has my arms helping me to stand." Eric Statler this is my opening line to my talk in San Antonio. I hope you can make it to hear the rest of what I have to say...if not support me on the link below!

I'll be asking for photos sent to me via email or facebook so that I can walk in honor of those that couldn't be there!

Eric

EricS Offline OP
OP Offline

A message from our friend JulieAnn!

Just saw your Facebook post, and of course I haven�t a clue as to how to answer you there privately, so I reverted back to the good old email way. Now, here�s my suggestion for the day. Les see, hmmmm, $2000 (your goal), take away $1701 = $299 (what you need), so if 20 people gave just $14.95 each, you would get the $299. Now, do you know 20 people on the Forum who have $14.95? Before you go any further, check with your son to see if I did my adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying right. Come on, let�s get started!!

Hugs"

I'm glad she did the math here (and I haven't had my 6th grader check it as it's Spring Break) because I get lost after I run out of fingers to count.

hahaha!

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics