Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
klo Offline
"OCF Down Under"
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"OCF Down Under"
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi Christine

It may also be the chemo doing his head in in addition to disease or pain killers. My Alex suffered for 12 months after treatment finished. He used to describe it as his thoughts being "tangled". He was able to explain later that he couldn't get his timelines straight. As a consequence he might respond to something I had said 5 minutes ago thinking I just said it. This caused me some confusion as I had moved on to another topic and there were many conversations with both of us trying to convince the other that their recollection of the conversation was flawed. His irritability came when I tried to correct his confusion and he realised his version didn't make sense. I learned this served no purpose, so when it didn't matter, I allowed the misconceptions to continue as he didn't remember them 5 minutes later anyway. This also happened with actions as well as thoughts and conversations.

I don't know if this is relevant given where you and Matt are right now but Alex came good with antidepressants.

Karen
Love of Life to Alex T4N2M0 SCC Tonsil, BOT, R lymph nodes
Dx March 2010 51yrs. Unresectable. HPV+ve
Tx Chemo x 3+1 cycles(cisplatin,docetaxel,5FU)- complete May 31
Chemoradiation (IMRTx35 + weekly cisplatin)
Finish Aug 27
Return to work 2 years on
3 years out Aug 27 2013 NED smile
Still underweight
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

I was two weeks+, induced coma, while they controlled infection in donor transplant site in leg, then two more weeks ICU, heavy sedation, strapped to bed, and let me tell you, "Dem Chems is Moider".
You do indeed, live in a fantasy world, where you cannot tell one thought from another, everything is real, AND IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE, because you have no choice, you HAVE to lie there and experience it, try to make sense of it.

The ones' who suffer the most, are CareGivers, you earn a special place in Heaven.

69yo male, Steam Engineer, Me=4,SCC=0, loving wife, living life as it comes (no other option)
We are all born from Mother, but live and die alone.
Make the best of it, Mommie did all she could, daddy was just a guidance councelor, the rest is ALL up to you.
...and now, 3rd occurance: Surgery 5/1/12
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users